Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WHY !?!?!?

... would you do this????

I gotta believe it's not trimmed...
centering looks great...
has a nasty print dot, but really WHO CARES!

This card is a Beauty! I have to believe it would easily find it's way in a PSA 8 holder and possibly a shot at a 9.

Any one else seen cards of this magnitude in BCCG holders before???

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

Comments

• May just be the scan, but looks awfully wavy at bottom left corner.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • There was a thread on here a while back about the 86 Fleer Jordan that was similar to this one. The Jordan in a PSA 7 holder sold for like $200. It was cracked and sent to BCCG which gave it a 10 and sold for like $1000. I may have the numbers wrong but it was something like that.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    he must like bccg, all his slabs are in themimage all the 10s i have are 7's at bestimage
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    He's not expecting an experienced card buyer to pick it up. It's getting close to Christmas shopping season and hoping some good intentioned wife or girlfriend will pick it up for their husband / boyfriend who is a big Pete Rose fan. That's the only realistic reason I can think of for that card being in that holder.
  • athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    There have been many threads about this seller.
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    He likes to sell BCCG and GAI grades at PSA prices. I've always found him overpriced and unwilling to come down much below original price (on best offers), personally, but he does have strong feedback. I remember he tried to sell me a Rose RC GAI 9.5 to me when I came on this forum looking for a Rose RC PSA 9 (surprisingly, I found one and am delighted with it) arguing that it had a chance at crossing over to a PSA 9.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it "Mint or Better"? Super Mint?
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is it "Mint or Better"? Super Mint? >>

I used to wonder the same thing, then I realized that PSA has "Mint" and "Gem Mint." Others have "Mint" and "Pristine," so I guess "Mint or Better" isn't as outrageous as it first appears to be.
    Brett
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    For those collectors that positively, absolutely refuse to brush.