Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help displaying autographed bats

I just finished setting up my home office. I have three PSA authenticated autographed bats I would like to display (Aaron, Mays, Rose). All three have been signed with a Blue or Black Sharpie marker. What would be the best way to display these three bats? Should I be concerned about fading issues if I just hang them on the wall? I know they make glass display cases but I think those look much better if you are displaying them on a coffee table or council table. I would definitely like to hang them on my wall if possible.
-
-

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    There are commercially made racks that can display these bats either horizontally or vertically (many choices). I would just be sure to keep them out of direct light (sunlight especially) to prevent fading. Google Cooperstown Bat Company and look at what they have to offer to give you an idea. Good Luck!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Mays really butchered the signature on his bat IMO
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Nice bats, I'd want them behind glass one way or the other.

I was thinking about cutting a hole in my wall between the studs for a band signed guitar I have. Building a nice illuminated box in the hole, and covering it with glass and wooden frame. That will keep it dust free and out of the way. But same idea would be nice for the bats. The lighting will be tricky.

I have lots of ideas that I hope to work on this winter while I'm remodeling my house.

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice bats, I'd want them behind glass one way or the other.

I was thinking about cutting a hole in my wall between the studs for a band signed guitar I have. Building a nice illuminated box in the hole, and covering it with glass and wooden frame. That will keep it dust free and out of the way. But same idea would be nice for the bats. The lighting will be tricky.

I have lots of ideas that I hope to work on this winter while I'm remodeling my house. >>

That is a pretty cool idea. I may actualy do this. I also have a signed guitar by Trey from Phish and a pair of Signed shorts from Kareem Abdul-Jabar that are Psa authenticated. They have been sitting in a closet for a few years because I don't know how to display them. I will have to think about this for a minute.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...Nice bats, I'd want them behind glass one way or the other...."

//////////////////////////////////////

Yup.

The Rose is gorgeous.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • i think tha HANK AARON bat would look much better in my collection..ha ha nice bats man.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys I appreciate it. It sucks becuase I havn't been able to even enjoy them because they are in a closet,
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>P.S. Mays really butchered the signature on his bat IMO >>

That's Stevie Tops, not Willie Mays.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    John,

Here's a few different looks that I found on the internet that look nice.

There are many more ... all sizes, styles and colors, and I'm sure most can be made for 3 bats.

I'm sure eBay has a ton of them also.

Whatever you do, buy quality cases. They're worth the extra money; they look nicer; and you won't
    have any regrets later.

You have 3 very nice bats worth protecting! Thanks for sharing.

PoppaJ