Home Sports Talk
Options

So, Maddon, let me get this straight?

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
You don't want to start Price in the 6th inning, because the pitcher's spot is due up 4th in the 7th inning...but then with 1 out, after a HR and a single, you are going to give away all your momentum by having Howell sac bunt?....no excuse for not pinch hitting there, and of course, McCarver doesn't take him to task for it because before the game Maddon told them he likes the Burrell vs. Howell matchup....

Next to Grady Little leaving Pedro in, that was one of the bigger managing blunders I've seen in a big game in long time.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Rays were never in this series
  • Options

<< <i>Rays were never in this series >>

Then why did it go to 5 games?

(this is where you crybaby some more about the umps, stalin)
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    The Rays were in the series with the exception of one game.

Alot closer than the 4-1 games win leads you to believe
  • Options
    Bottom line was Charlie Manuel outmanaged Maddon, the so called baseball genius.
  • Options

<< <i>Bottom line was Charlie Manuel outmanaged Maddon, the so called baseball genius. >>

Yeah, the players on the field had nothing to do with it. image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>Bottom line was Charlie Manuel outmanaged Maddon, the so called baseball genius. >>

Maddon was a sore loser. Always bitc*** about the strike zone, accusing Blanton of throwing scuffed balls and making poor mangerial calls. I would say that
    he let down his team, but the middle of the order for the Rays were shut down cold. Just cause you can hit the crap out of the Red Sox, doesn't mean you can
    do the same against the NL.

JS
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Rays were never in this series >>

Even though the Rays only won one game, the first game could have gone the other way very easily, game 3 the same thing and last night the Phills won 4 to 3. Come on JS, it's one thing if the Phils swept the series and won 7 to 0 or 9 to 1 every game, but they were all anyone's game except for the 10 to 2 game.

<< <i> Bottom line was Charlie Manuel outmanaged Maddon, the so called baseball genius. >>

That is true. I didn't like the way Maddon did things in the series. Yes Maddon must have done a great job during the year and congrats to him.
  • Options
    Last night's game was tailor made for Price to start. Price should have also started instead of Sonnanstine....but we all know that Sonnanstine, 'knows how to win'. Yeah, i know how to win too, get a lot of run support and luck.

Maddon is famous for all those slogans he has around the stadium, and I have one for him to add...

"Use your best players as much as you can...it makes no sense to have them sitting on a bench while an inferior player is out there in their stead."
  • Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Maddon out managed himself.

Plain and simple.