Home Sports Talk
Options

The OFFICIAL CONGRATULATIONS to the Phillies - World Series Champs thread

What a great Series. Lots of drama and some great tv. Congrats Phillies fans!

Comments

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto...

A GREAT Series!!

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    it sure wasimage
    been 28 years coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    WEEEEEE WWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    Yes a big congrats phillies fans,one of my workers is a phillies fan
    he's been a great upbeat worker last few weeks,think i'll call him
    give him the day off to celebrate tonight.Congrats again.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't watch until the second half of game 5, but offer my congratulations to the Phillies and their fans. Enjoy it, buy the t-shirts, get the Phillies ornaments, have at it. Congrats!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Phillies
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the 2008 World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies!! The Curse of William Penn has been lifted!! image

Long live the Curse of the Billy Goat!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Long live the Curse of the Billy Goat!! image >>

Hear, Hear!!
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    MY Phillies WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I really enjoyed it with my son (7). He had a blast at the few games we went to.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    i have a good pic of that somewhere, the goat in big doghouse tower at a game image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, by the way, in case you did not know, Cole Hamels was MVP.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - I'll admit...it feels dam good...feels better than 90% of the women I've been with. LOL
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Phillies. Congrats Jamie Moyer!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Yes, congrats.

Is Joestalin out rioting tonight?
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Phillies on their win and to Cole Hammels on his MVP as he was certainly in the groove and pitching very well. Also it's nice to see Moyer finally get a ring as he has had a fine career and what a deal the Phils got for him this year...I believe he made a whopping $6 mil this year.

My best to everyone and I can't wait til next spring.

Brian
  • Options
    Congrats Phillies - I have two guys I work with who are big time Phils fans and they're both super happy today.
  • Options
    bet they super hung over tooimage
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>bet they super hung over tooimage >>

I looked in this mornings paper, didn't see my name on the obituary page, so i figured i was okay.
  • Options
    Congrats guys. I have been really busy the past week with football and school so I didn't have much time to come on here and chat during the games. Pretty much all of the games (game 4? being the exception) were great too.

This season has been indescribable from the point of view of a Rays fan and to come so close after being so bad is an astonishing feat that nobody could believe. Hopefully we don't "pull a White Sox" and suck next year, but even if we do something tells me that the coming years won't be anything like the past 10 in franchise history.

Congrats again.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i had the phillies in 6 i wish it went 1 more game, but congrats anyway
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Phillies fan and I am still in total shock that they won it in 5, really thought TB was going to be too much for them to handle. Most games were close, and they went the Phils' way. I still think that bottom of the 9-inning little hit that TB's 3rd baseman lobbed over his catcher's head in game 3? 4? was the turning point. What a huge celebration parade here in Philly last Friday, the streets have been largely cleaned up now, and here on Sunday it's the usual quiet city. I hope they get another Series win before 28 more years pass, I'm not sure I'm going to live that long.