Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Am I missing something here

Does this seem high $$$ to anyone else or am I missing something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350114301503&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022
1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey

Comments

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    LOL, I remember those! Haven't seen them in years. I guess there are 24 people who want them.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Don't laugh - I have a couple in my Vikings collection.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I had those on my watchlist actually. They are just neat and I remember them when I was a kid. If I had only known....
  • $190 is higher than I might have thought they'd go , but hey, if you got the cash and you got a thing for them, more power to you.
    Being 40, I remember getting them out of the sugar daddys (which were not all that great as I recall)
    Even the pic brings back good memories!
  • jeffo81jeffo81 Posts: 626 ✭✭
    I have the whole set of 25....it's going on ebay probley sunday night...I had no clue it was that much !!
    I collect Bobby Orr cards if you have anything interesting to offer ! Thanks
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Actually, only 2 guys were serious about winning this auction.

The others stopped @ $35.

badmonkey_02 (the winner) placed an unknown high proxy bid, while the second high bidder placed
    smaller incremental bids with the intention of trying to find out just how high badmonkey_02 bid.

the second high bidder's strategy worked, in this particular case.

badmonkey_02 might not have been too happy paying that much .... but on the other hand, he might have wanted
    the cards at any price!

If I was going to sell a set of these now, I would definitely list it as a fixed price auction with maybe a best offer feature,
    with hopes that the second high bidder might see it and bite.

Just a thought!

PoppaJ