Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post some Klippes!!!!

I personally do not own any, but have a hankering for some beautiful pics of klippes. Anyone have some to share? -Dan

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Not many klippes in "my" area so this is the closest I can do. Fun looking piece and fairly cheap when I bought it so what's not to like?

imageimage

imageimageimageimage
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I like that coin! It is quite unusual indeed. -Dan
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this counts as a klippe? image

Image stolen from CoinArchives
  • Options
    Wow! I like that, but the price was pretty healthy... -Dan
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very pleased to add this 1650 Nurnberg silver ducat klippe to the Holey Coin Vest with some trading, since I'd wanted a klippe for a long time. Previously, I had almost bought a cool Austrian one at a coin show. It was attractively priced, but I found it in the final hours of the show and I had spent nearly all of my budget. Had I bought that piece at the show, I'd have been spending my food money for the trip home, and playing gas-money roulette, as well.

I couldn't resist the little kid on the stick horse that this one features. It is one of my favorite holeys.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Very nice LM!!image That is what I am talking about. -Dan
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Here's my gold Klippe

German States - Nurnberg
    1700 Ducat

It's about 3/4 inch square.

imageimage