Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1973 Topps Pin-Ups Nolan Ryan - Trimmed?

Please see the link to a current 1973 Topps Pin-Ups Nolan Ryan on ebay right now and compare it to my 1973 Johnny Bench Pin-Up. It appears that an entire section of the card was trimmed on the left side to make it appear centered. All of the Pin-Ups are off center to the right just like the Topps Comics of the same year.

1973 Topps Pin-Ups Nolan Ryan

Comments

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. It's amazing that could get slabbed as anything but Authentic.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    geez psa get your grap together....
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    It's not even a straight cut
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for whomever won this card. It sold for $2,880.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel sorry for whomever won this card. It sold for $2,880. >>

<Shrug>, a fool and his money are soon parted....although I do feel sorry for the person that bought this card, and I think PSA should have stepped in to rectify this error, I nonetheless am hesitant to feel any remorse for someone who is willing to spend nearly $3k on a card, without doing any background research on the issue, its size, etc. Just my thoughts -- but spending thousands on a card, a buyer should be expected to do at least a minimal amount of due diligence.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    No doubt a blunder on PSA part..I feel bad for the buyer too.....I have a PSA 9 of Brooks Robinson that is labeled with the "OC" qualifier...another Blunder on PSA part.....they all should be off center!!!!! How could someone lay out over two grand and have no idea that the card is incorrect/trimmed...it amazes me!!!!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    they bought the holder, not the card. Same with packs--go for the pack, not the holder it is in.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The 'fool' who parted with his money expected PSA to do its job.

In his mind he was doing due diligence.

Not saying he couldn't have done more but perhaps he figured that it was slabbed it was good.

Maybe 2k to him is like 2.00

Maybe.....

Steve
    Good for you.