Home Sports Talk

Tyrone Willingham fired as Washington coach

Effective at the end of the season. After an 0-7 record so far this year and 11-32 after four years with the Huskies this does not come
as a big surprise, at one time he was being touted as a potential NFL head coach, don't look for that to happen now.

Comments

• bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that he is fired but will coach out the year. Willingham made it clear that he did not resign and that's not something he would do. He has ran the Huskies program down to the ground. It wasn't too long ago that they shared the Pac-10 title with USC and the Huskies have always been a good program. I read in an article that Willingham was not a good fit up in Washington.....Ya think so? lol
    Brian
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    If memory serves me correctly it was 2002 that we attended the ND vs Washington game. Our tickets are near midfield on the west side of the stadium which always ends up with a mix of visiting fans and us Domers. It's always fun and interesting to meet fans from other schools and up until that game LSU fans had always been my favorites to chat with. We were fortunate to sit near some Dawg fans our age and carried on a game long conversation as the game got quickly out of hand. Later we bused back to our car with them. I made the comment that we needed a new coach as Ty didn't fit in at ND. One of Washington fans was quick to remark that they would take Ty in a heartbeat. Laughing I said be careful what you wish for.

I wonder if John Saunders will go on his racial rant this time around. image I haven't emailed the guy yet that I told him so, I think I will just wish him well. Its a shame what he did to their program but in all honesty they should have seen it coming.
  • Took long enough. Average of 4 wins a year? I could do that for like 1/10th the money.
  • Not too surprising. He's really had a bad run there.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---