Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ID & Value wanted on ancient coins

Any of you guys know what or where these come from/how old and any possible value?
Thanks for any info...

Love the 1885-CC Morgan

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    These are Byzantine folles (40 nummi) pieces - indicated by the big M on the reverses, the greek number 40. The coin with the two figures is from the Antioch mint (I think), the one on top seems to be from Nicomedia (NIK in exergue on the reverse). The coin on the right with Christ on the obverse is one of the "anonymous" coinage of ca 1000 AD and is from Constantinople. The others are earlier but I'm not knowledgable enough to tell the emperors without the coins in hand. I'm sure someone else is more familiar with values of these....

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    correct about the Christ follis being c. 980-1060 A.D. The other two I am not sure of the emperors, but they probably date mid 6th century A.D to early 7th century A.D.
  • Options
    valuewise, the Christ follis is in quite nice shape so would be worth the most....I would say roughly $25-$40