Home Sports Talk
Options

MLB is a bunch of gutless, slimebag cowardly, loser punks

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
the Phillies had to play in HORRIBLE conditions to the point that the Rays could score the tying run to give them the EXCUSE to then postpone the game.

utter BS BULLCHIT PERIOD that the phillies had to play in that chit, neither team should have been exposed to that....

cole had to stand in the rain for 20 minutes doing nothing while they worked on the field...

anyway. MLB is a punk organization, period. gutless that they couldn't stand up and make the right decision.

Comments

• Options
    the right decision meaning they should have called the game 2 hours ago.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    yeah-what frank said- i had to play in army in alot worse than that- so can all the millionaires ,poor wittle guys getting wet and muddy-whoopie, image
    this sucks
  • Options
    i always agree with rube..he might otherwise blow me up..ha ha
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    evil rainimageimage
    just wait till tomorrowimage
    if it stops raining by then, it poured fro day and half here and thats whats hitting philly now
    maybe bud selig can get his big umbrella out that covers up his headimage
  • Options
    cry me a river.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I was unable to watch the game or the rainfest last night, but I have never been a fan of Selig and the way he runs MLB. Didn't MLB watch the weather pattern from a satelite or radar like they would in Nascar? I remember in the past Nascar or Cart calling or postponing races when the rain came in saying something like, the rain is here and the satelite and radar shows the storm will be here for the next so many hours which will force us to finish the race on the next day. Although the weather affects both teams, it will greatly affect the outcome of the game as neither team will be able to put their starters back on the mound. That being said, it probably hurts the Phillies the most as Hamels has been awesome this post season.

Brian
  • Options
    cry me a river

they already did last nightimage

dig me a ditchimage
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't notice, there was another team playing in those conditions last night. It wsn't just the Phillies.

So what you're saying is the weather only hampered the Phillies and not the Rays...LOL!

Another thing, would you really want your team to win a championship like that? Handed to them?

Regardless what you think, MLB did the right thing
  • Options
    ,< would you really want your team to win a championship like that? Handed to them?>

yes matt-thank you-thanx

• Options
    lol Randy

They should have played the entire game like men.

Maybe to break the tie have a brawl in the infield mud. Last guy standing wins it for his team...lol

I would make a great mlb commish!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never knew until today that you can have rain-shortened final scores in the playoffs. I just presumed they would have to suspend the game, even if one team in in the lead --- guess not.

And Sillies fans -- you still have three shots to put the Rays away. If you can't git 'er done, then you deserve to suffer more futility.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the Phillies had to play in HORRIBLE conditions to the point that the Rays could score the tying run to give them the EXCUSE to then postpone the game.

utter BS BULLCHIT PERIOD that the phillies had to play in that chit, neither team should have been exposed to that....

cole had to stand in the rain for 20 minutes doing nothing while they worked on the field...

anyway. MLB is a punk organization, period. gutless that they couldn't stand up and make the right decision. >>

Hyperion, Click Here.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And Sillies fans -- you still have three shots to put the Rays away. If you can't git 'er done, then you deserve to suffer more futility. >>

Especially since this extra delay means Hamels can start game 7.
  • Options

<< <i>cole had to stand in the rain for 20 minutes doing nothing while they worked on the field... >>

<< <i>Also, it would be MUCH easier to be on offense during that downpour than to be playing defense so the Rays definitely had an advantage. >>

Just some points to make for both of these statements. Being that Cole was standing in the rain for 20 minutes doing nothing says something. It says, it had been raining for sometime before the ground crew started to attend to the field. The rain was obvioulsy accumulating on the field over a period of time. Everyone knows rain and clay don't mix. It will create puddles. That being said, are you guys overlooking the bottom of the 5th when the Rays were at the same "disadvantage" playing the field while the Phillies were batting?

Both teams were at the same "disadvantage". To say one was at more of a disadvantage due to rooting interests is just plain silly.
  • Options

<< <i>To say one was at more of a disadvantage due to rooting interests is just plain silly. >>

Well, they are fans of the Sillies...
  • Options

<< <i>If you didn't notice, there was another team playing in those conditions last night. It wsn't just the Phillies.

So what you're saying is the weather only hampered the Phillies and not the Rays...LOL!

Another thing, would you really want your team to win a championship like that? Handed to them?

Regardless what you think, MLB did the right thing >>

jackass, I said they should have stopped the game 2 hours earlier. but you can just read and respond to the parts of the posts you want, trollboy!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you didn't notice, there was another team playing in those conditions last night. It wsn't just the Phillies.

Regardless what you think, MLB did the right thing >>

jackass, I said they should have stopped the game 2 hours earlier. but you can just read and respond to the parts of the posts you want, trollboy! >>

Hey pal, somebody diagrees with your obvious lame, baised thread and you start with the name calling by swearing at them?

Take pill, stop crying over last night and come back when you can behave.

Okay? Great!
  • Options

<< <i>jackass, I said they should have stopped the game 2 hours earlier. but you can just read and respond to the parts of the posts you want, trollboy! >>

Yeah.

That was necessary.
  • Options
    trollboyimage he called you trolboy General matt , you gonna take that from a hype
    woooooooo i saw had axtell flashbacks , that was funnyimage
  • Options
    I agree Randy. You differ with Hyperwhiner's opinion and he starts calling you names.

I think he is actually 15 or 16 using his parent's computer.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think he is actually 15 or 16 using his parent's computer. >>

image I thought the same thing when he called me a moron awhile back.
  • Options

<< <i>

image I thought the same thing when he called me a moron awhile back. >>

you're too cute to be a moron, as for lawnmower, he again picks a part of a response to choose to address, and not the main point.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

you're too cute to be a moron, as for lawnmower, he again picks a part of a response to choose to address, and not the main point. >>

I quoted your entire first post. Would you like me to quote all your other ones? Would that make you feel any better?

Look at your title and your first post. You don't think that's a wee bit biased and moronic?
  • Options
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

The game should have been called earlier, probably at some point in the 5th.

Also, MLBs assessment of the weather before the game was pathetic. I understand that they use an independent service Weatherbug Professional for advice and they consulted others for an opinion. It was very obvious beforehand that rain was going to prevent a complete game. MLB claims that their advisers told them a complete game was possible. This is either complete and utter crap or incompetence. It's not above logic to believe the game should never have started.

Weather is a big part of my profession. Rain ain't hard to predict if it's already happening and headed your way. The National Weather Service has one of their best forecasting offices in the Philly area (Mt. Holly, NJ). The guys there would have been able to accurately tell them about the bad weather.

On a lighter note -

The latest news on game 5 of the World Series is that MLB is looking into moving the remainder of the game to a neutral indoor stadium where there will be as many Phillies fans and Rays fans.

Their first choice is Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg FL. image
  • Options

<< <i>I wouldn't take this Hyperion, do some more 1st grade name calling. >>

shutup stinkerpot!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

you're too cute to be a moron, as for lawnmower, he again picks a part of a response to choose to address, and not the main point. >>

I quoted your entire first post. Would you like me to quote all your other ones? Would that make you feel any better?

Look at your title and your first post. You don't think that's a wee bit biased and moronic? >>

moronic, no. I said the game should have been stopped 2 hours before they called it. it was assinine to let it go through the winds when jimmy rollins had to run 200 feet to catch an infield popup. that being said, when things got hellish, they let the phils starting pitcher stand on the mound for 20 minutes while they dusted the field with diamond-dry. all in all, bs. they should have had the courage to do what was right, instead of have the game only half played. schedule-bedamned.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Look at your title and your first post. You don't think that's a wee bit biased and moronic? >>

moronic, no. I said the game should have been stopped 2 hours before they called it. it was assinine to let it go through the winds when jimmy rollins had to run 200 feet to catch an infield popup. that being said, when things got hellish, they let the phils starting pitcher stand on the mound for 20 minutes while they dusted the field with diamond-dry. all in all, bs. they should have had the courage to do what was right, instead of have the game only half played. schedule-bedamned. >>

I was referring to your title and first post which I quoted. You said nothing about the game being stopped two hours earlier.

All I saw was an obvious biased thread / post from an upset Phillie fan making it sound like the Phillies were the only team dealing with the elements.

• Options
    oops. it was in my 2nd post, 1 minute after my first post. I guess it was very easy to miss!
  • Options

<< <i>oops. it was in my 2nd post, 1 minute after my first post. I guess it was very easy to miss! >>

Ohhhh, you got me there.

Just think before you make whining threads in the future. They are quite lame. In fact doesn't the open forum refuge have a whiner forum?

Maybe just post them there so you can get it out of your system and we won't have to see them.

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>they should have had the courage to do what was right >>

Yeah! Move the game to Milwaukee!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>oops. it was in my 2nd post, 1 minute after my first post. I guess it was very easy to miss! >>

Ohhhh, you got me there.

Just think before you make whining threads in the future. They are quite lame. In fact doesn't the open forum refuge have a whiner forum?

Maybe just post them there so you can get it out of your system and we won't have to see them.

Thanks >>

hee hee image
  • Options
    Yeah! Move the game to Milwaukee!

free beer chris?image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    What I don't like is MLB insists on 8:37 EST first pitches in these games. That is absolutely ridonkulous. Terrible.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    only 7 1/2 hours left ronimage
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but why stop at MLB?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    First of all, I'm a Phillies fan. That will probably make this statement sound subjective, but my problem with calling the game in the middle of the inning is the Phils had to play the field in that slop. Rollins very likely will throw Upton out and he wouldn't have scored. I am glad they did not end the game and give it to the Phillies with the "complete game" rule. I think it needs to be finished, but it does seem a bit unfair that the Phils played when the storm was at its worst and although the Rays batted in it, Hamels was only throwing fastballs because of the rain. Actually felt a momentum shift when the Rays scored that run... I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Congrats
  • Options