Home Sports Talk
Options

What a shame

WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
Championship game being played in those conditions. They should let the Phillies bat in the 6th
and call it. If it ends in a tie I think they play it over. That would be the fair thing to do.

What is the weather reports for Philly in the next few days?

If they called it now it goes back to the bottom of the 5th and the Phillies are champs!

Oh great now they tarp the field.

What a farce!

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    ahhh now they are saying even if it goes back to the bottom of the 5th the game gets suspended.

That is fair.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    they can't call it a tie without the Phillies batting in the bottom of the 6th.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    tarppullers-evildoers-- army can play in rain-i always did- so can all the high priced bellhopsimage
    cant wait to see some till death episodes some more steveimage
  • Options
    theres enough rain coming to rain all night- it all came from here , its my fault lol-it rained forever and wind here yesterday
  • Options

they can't call it a tie without the Phillies batting in the bottom of the 6th.

No kidding, the spokesman said even if rains out now the game gets suspended and they play it from this point on.

I think that was what he just said.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    now news is on on my tv,you guys getting rain ball field coverage?
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Apparently the rule was changed in 2007. Prior to that they would revert back to the last completed inning...Phillies ahead 2-1, completed game, game and series over.
    Now it's suspended and they will pick up in the bottom of the 6th whenever the weather clears today, tomorrow, whenever.
  • Options
    We have old news about Hurricane Gustav and whatever that other one was.
  • Options
    Hurricane Ike, that's it
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently the rule was changed in 2007. Prior to that they would revert back to the last completed inning...Phillies ahead 2-1, completed game, game and series over.
    Now it's suspended and they will pick up in the bottom of the 6th whenever the weather clears today, tomorrow, whenever. >>

interestingly enough... if they dont resume tonight, supposedly the weather is going to be worse tomorrow. do they get a travel day back to florida for game 6, if needed?

Im trying to imagine cole coming back on 3 days rest instead of moyer getting the ball in game 7, if needed image

Im optimistic image
  • Options
    i think they should have played mudball myself,or called t when it was 2-1 so phillies would winimage
  • Options

<< <i>i think they should have played mudball myself,or called t when it was 2-1 so phillies would winimage >>

Come on now, Rube...I know you wouldn't call that a victory. image
  • Options
    Apparently the rule was changed in 2007. Prior to that they would revert back to the last completed inning...Phillies ahead 2-1, completed game, game and series over.
    Now it's suspended and they will pick up in the bottom of the 6th whenever the weather clears today, tomorrow, whenever.

Thanks for the clarification on that. The article we were sent to made it appear like pre 07.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    play mudball- army has to go out and tromp around in mud,nobody ever called a stike off cause of rain on my partimage
    the whittle high buck players cant handle some rain and mud lol- i think it would be great-they do it in football -slip and slideimage
  • Options
    It's a No-Win situation for MLB -- they're damned if they do play and damned if they don't play. Half the people are ticked off that such a meaningful game gets played in "non-baseball" conditions -- and the other half are saying "Come on, real men can play baseball in the rain."

Yep, MLB is in a N0-Win situation.

Charlie
  • Options
    thats true too- i want mudballimage