Home Sports Talk
Options

If there is a rain delay...

LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
How long will they wait before the game will be postponed?

Comments

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How long will they wait before the game will be postponed? >>

technically, I dont think they postpone a game once it's past the 5th. it's a done game.
  • Options
    here's the answer

Linky

The last long rain delay in the World Series was 1975, when Game 6 of the Red Sox-Reds Series was postponed for three days in Boston. That turned out to be the game Carlton Fisk won with a homer down the left-field line at Fenway Park in the bottom of the 12th inning to force Game 7. The Red Sox, of course, lost the Series.

Game 6 of the 1962 World Series between the Yankees and Giants at San Francisco was also delayed three days. And Game 4 of the 1911 World Series between the New York Giants and Philadelphia A's at Philadelphia was delayed a whopping six days.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll wait a very, VERY long time before postponing a deciding World Series game.
  • Options

<< <i>here's the answer

Linky

The last long rain delay in the World Series was 1975, when Game 6 of the Red Sox-Reds Series was postponed for three days in Boston. That turned out to be the game Carlton Fisk won with a homer down the left-field line at Fenway Park in the bottom of the 12th inning to force Game 7. The Red Sox, of course, lost the Series.

Game 6 of the 1962 World Series between the Yankees and Giants at San Francisco was also delayed three days. And Game 4 of the 1911 World Series between the New York Giants and Philadelphia A's at Philadelphia was delayed a whopping six days. >>

oh okay, so it gets played - yea i had never heard of a WS game getting postponed.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The way I read it was it would be official after 5 innings.

The article was talking about games that were not started.

Is that how you guys read it?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Maybe the ump at home plate could start calling strikes and stop squeezing the pitchers.

Kazmir had Burnell struck out 2x.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i cant read-steve and steveimage if you gouys had same hat it would be really confusing
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    win pitcher...knows about squeezing things.

JS
  • Options
    Never! That would make me a Sillies Phan.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    "Maybe the ump at home plate could start calling strikes and stop squeezing the pitchers.

Kazmir had Burnell struck out 2x."

agreed.
  • Options
    evildoerimage
  • Options
    tarppullers
    booooooooooo-hiissssssssssssssssssssimage
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Since I really have no rooting interest, I think it would have been cool to see the World Series end in a rain-shortened game. When it comes to sports, I'm always for the unique and unusual!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    A World Series that ends on a rain delay while within the rules would be a disgrace to MLB.
    Fortunately the Rays did everyone a favor by scoring that run.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe the ump at home plate could start calling strikes and stop squeezing the pitchers.

Kazmir had Burnell struck out 2x.

Steve >>

I never advanced to college baseball - wasn't good enough, but I remember in Little League and High School when the conditions were inclement or the evening was getting dark - the umps would almost always announce that they're calling strikes on anything close to the plate to keep the game moving - wouldn't have been a bad idea to do that in these circumstances.
  • Options

<< <i>A World Series that ends on a rain delay while within the rules would be a disgrace to MLB.
    Fortunately the Rays did everyone a favor by scoring that run. >>

MLB did everyone a tremendous favor by making the phils (and the rays for that matter) play in conditions where it's nearly impossible to field a ball cleanly.
    so they wait til the Rays tie it and they immediately Suspend the game. BS, they should have had the courage to call the game 2 hours ago.
  • Options

<< <i>win pitcher...knows about squeezing things.

JS >>

Is that anything like when you sit on your coach, Kevin, and play with yourself?
  • Options
    yeahimage
  • Options
    rube will agree with anyone..even a liberal hippie like me..ha ha
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    yeahimage