Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Steiner lost COA - UPDATE

I searched their website but couldn't find the answer. Have 3 auto'd baseballs of Mattingly, Ripken Jr and Schmidt that I lost the COA's. Will they replace a lost COA and if so how much does it cost?

Comments

• PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Bill,

You might want to email Brandon Steiner @ mmorabito@steinersports.com.

I'm sure he'll give you the answer you're seeking!

PoppaJ
  • I don't think they do. It's not smart to start reissuing COA/LOA on stuff. It can lead to many problems.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Please post back with what you find out. I have several Steiner items and would like to know in the event that my COAs ever get lost.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• The Steiner holograms all have a specific serial number unique to that item just as PSA cards do. Why would they not just reissue a COA?
    Would you have to send the item to them though?

• They have nothing to gain from replacing COA. One was issued with the sale. They did their part. It can lead to many problems. What if the other is found, then someone could fake something and just say here is COA, but hologram fell off the item. Or just not even lose the COA, but keep ordering replacements and doing who knows what with them. As long as the item has steiner holo on it you fine. I know MeiGray will under no circumstances replace a LOA/COA on any of the game used stuff they sell. All their stuff is tagged with serial #'s. It's just not smart to start reissuing COA/LOA. People need to keep better track of them.
  • Never thought of it that way? I guess you are right NHLfightdude.
  • Steiner stopped issuing numbered holograms many years ago.

• << <i>Steiner stopped issuing numbered holograms many years ago >>

Did not know this. All mine were purchased at least 4 years ago and have the holos with the serial #'s.
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They have nothing to gain from replacing COA. One was issued with the sale. They did their part. It can lead to many problems. What if the other is found, then someone could fake something and just say here is COA, but hologram fell off the item. Or just not even lose the COA, but keep ordering replacements and doing who knows what with them. As long as the item has steiner holo on it you fine. I know MeiGray will under no circumstances replace a LOA/COA on any of the game used stuff they sell. All their stuff is tagged with serial #'s. It's just not smart to start reissuing COA/LOA. People need to keep better track of them. >>

• Got an email response today. $50 per lost certificate. I can buy all 3 balls w/ COAs for less than $150.
    How did they ask for proof of ownership of the items?

• << <i>How did they ask for proof of ownership of the items? >>

Photo of ball w/ sig and photo of serial #.
  • Rec'd response asking for photo of sig on ball and photo of hologram. Only sent photos for the Mattingly ball. I of course get this response:

<< <i>Do you have an acct. with us?

I need to charge you for the cert. Let me know the info. and card to charge.

Thanks

peter >>

$50 to get a replacement COA for an item that I can get on eBay with a COA for about the same price or less?
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    How much would it cost to get it PSA DNA Certified?
    $50 does seem a bit steep for just a replacement COA considering there is no physical authentication process and only the validation of the item via photo.