Home Sports Talk
Options

Which World Series HR was bigger - Bill Mazeroski's or Joe Blanton's?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
A $10,000 prize will be awarded to the first person with the correct answer.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    No need for length. One turned a 5-2 game into a 6-2 game in a non-deciding game 4 -- and the other won a WS championship.
  • Options

<< <i>No need for length. One turned a 5-2 game into a 6-2 game in a non-deciding game 4 -- and the other won a WS championship. >>

Yeah, that kinda sums it up.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    bill who?

Sincerely
    teams with multiple titles
  • Options

<< <i>Sincerely
    teams with multiple titles >>

Which team would that be?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Joe Carter.

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Don't forget Joe Carter.

Steve >>

hey hey hey, no need to punch below the belt here. How many rings do the Padres have?

JS
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    not mazeroski cause he wont sign my 57 team card with 24 other pirates on itimage
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>not mazeroski cause he wont sign my 57 team card with 24 other pirates on itimage >>

Yeah screw that dude!
  • Options

<< <i>How many rings do the Padres have? >>

Only one less than the Phillies and have only been around for 1/3rd as long.
  • Options
    Randy

Maz sucks, boarderline HOF'er....he needs you more than you need him!

Kevin
  • Options
    dom dimaggio i cant get on 52 topps either,ill just buy one,ive tried 3 addys, hes older than dirt-94 i think
    20$ a auto prob dont mean much when you are that old image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Teams with multiple titles??????????????

Pirates have won it 3 times since the 60s.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> No need for length. One turned a 5-2 game into a 6-2 game in a non-deciding game 4 -- and the other won a WS championship. >>

Well said.

I'm sure Joe Blanton's HR will be remembered by Phillies fans, but it was just a home run. How can you compare it to a Bill Mazeroski's or a Kirk Gibson homer? You can't, unless you are SteveK or JoeS.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The above comment sums it up perfectly.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i> Randy

Maz sucks, boarderline HOF'er....he needs you more than you need him!

Kevin >>

Well I don't think Maz should be in the HOF, but he did not, nor does he suck. Another stupid statement from a PhillieHomer.
  • Options
    The correct answer is Joe Blanton's HR was more important. Thanks all for your participation and since no one answered the question correctly, the prize money of $10,000 that would have been given to the first person with the correct answer, will not be awarded.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God SteveK please dont tell me your getting lil Joey Stalin syndrom with all these comical threads!
  • Options

<< <i>God SteveK please dont tell me your getting lil Joey Stalin syndrom with all these comical threads! >>

Sorry, I guess the prize money amount wasn't high enough, especially for all you wealthy Bostonians - I'll make it higher next time. image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised hoopster didn't chime in and have you explain your meaning of 'bigger'.

And in what context you used the word.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    <Well I don't think Maz should be in the HOF> true-one of the iffy ones-all politics like the show weve saw for past 20 years it seems for this election now image

i dont care where he is, i just need his auto to finish my 1 year ttm card offimage

can i have my 10,000$ now steve, maz might sign for thatimage
  • Options

<< <i><Well I don't think Maz should be in the HOF> true-one of the iffy ones-all politics like the show weve saw for past 20 years it seems for this election now image

i dont care where he is, i just need his auto to finish my 1 year ttm card offimage

can i have my 10,000$ now steve, maz might sign for thatimage >>

Rube...i just contacted my attorney and told him to leave 10k to you in my will. i just said it was Rube from West Virginia and he knew who you were. image
  • Options
    Its the Hall of Fame, its not about being a good player its about being the very very very very best. Maz is not comparable to other greats who are in the hall.
    When compared to the others who are in, he does SUCK!

JS
  • Options
    Hey JoeS, re-look a few hundred times at the post,

<< <i>Which World Series HR was bigger - Bill Mazeroski's or Joe Blanton's? >>

before you reply again. Your reply,

<< <i> Its the Hall of Fame, its not about being a good player its about being the very very very very best. Maz is not comparable to other greats who are in the hall.
    When compared to the others who are in, he does SUCK!

JS >>

That doesn't apply to the post my friend.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    What a stupid question. Joe Blanton's? Sillyness. It wasn't even mentioned on the ESPN Radio highlights the very next morning. Might be news in a sports success starved city like Phili but is irrelevant to the rest of the world. I live in sports myophic Sacramento so I know about myophic sports fans! You have to get your sports news on a national level to know what is true and what is just local.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i> You have to get your sports news on a national level to know what is true and what is just local. >>

The problem with that is that if it doesn't happen in New York, Chicago, Boston or LA, it doesn't matter.