Home PSA Set Registry Forum

New 1965 Collector in the House

Hello fellas,

Ive finally decided in pursuing the 1965 Topps Set in PSA8 NQ. It was between 65 & 67 but after each comparision I kept coming back to the 65's....its a tough decison when you consider the investment one is going to make.

Since Im just starting out I looking to see if any board members have any extra 1965 8 NQ's they want to sell. I dont need the Low POP's at this point...just some cards to get started. If lots are available, I would be interested in order to keep my initial investement down as Im not looking for any particular card at this point. I need at least one card to be a member of the '65 club right?

Thanks to the board for all the help and advise in decison process.

Johnimage

Comments

• carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    John,

I can't help you with any 65's but I would like to welcome you the the board and the Registry.

Good Luck!!!

Carlos
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Welcome, and enjoy. Its a great set. I have an extra or two, and will send you a private message.

Brian
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • John - Nice choice on the '65s.... I've always liked those... if I ever complete my '64 set, I may consider joining in on the '65 craze....
  • Welcome John,

I think that you will really enjoy the 65's. One key thing to remember though - if the high bidder is sellerman23, amberpanthers, or zeder4 you should bid high on those auctions. If the high bidder is wayne840 that means it's probably not a card you want.image
    Good luck with the set and I look forward to chatting with you on the 65 collectors forum.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    As a 1967 set collector in PSA 8, I am happy that you chose 1965! Good luck with your set!

Regards,

Alan
  • Alan - you did know that Vargha is getting ready to start a 1967 psa 8 collection didn't you?

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Thanks for the kind words. Wayne....where do the 65 collectors chat at...Yahoo?
    Basilone,

Check you Private Messages. Send me an email to be added to the listserve. Thanks.

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    And Dave is REALLY concerned that I am about to start a 1951 Bowman set as a quid pro quo.

Regards,

Alan
  • Welcome aboard John.......You've made a good decision in picking the 65 set. They are great cards to collect!!

Mike

• << <i>Welcome John,

I think that you will really enjoy the 65's. One key thing to remember though - if the high bidder is sellerman23, amberpanthers, or zeder4 you should bid high on those auctions. If the high bidder is wayne840 that means it's probably not a card you want.image
    Good luck with the set and I look forward to chatting with you on the 65 collectors forum.

Wayne >>

Wayne, why do you feel zeder4 auctions close high? I have been a recent high bidder and or out bid on some of his.

By the way...I'm very jealous of your 88% complete
    Zach
  • Thanks zacojam. What I meant was that I was just kidding John to outbid zeder4 but to not bid on cards i'm bidding on. I've bought a lot of cards from zeder4 myself. I would imagine he has a very nice 65 set. I know that he is constantly upgrading 8's to 9's.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • I meant to tell all of the 65 collectors that there will soon be a very nice group of cards in psa 8's coming up on ebay. A dealer that I just bought 62 cards from has about 240 more that he is getting ready to list on ebay. They a very high grade cards freshly graded from vending. That should help a lot of people with their sets.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
    Let the games begin...

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    He posted the first bunch last night....with more to come!
    I hear some more 65s should be posting today from another excellent ebayer! I need to sell a kidney or something image

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey