Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1909 PCGS PR63RB OGH for sale

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ahhh.....a fine 1909 Matte Proof in an old green holder (actuallly yellow). This coin is graded PCGS PR63RB. Nice granularity and decent eye appeal.

First $1200.

Comments

• Options
    Please see my PM. Hopefully this is still available.

Duane
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Coin has been sold. many thanks!
  • Options
    Ray-

I have the 1909 in-hand. Thank you very much. The holder says "63RB", but the coin says "64RB"!

The coin itself has more luster and red then I had anticipated. The photo is totally mis-leading as it emphasizes the spot behind Lincoln's coat (really tiny) and the holder scratches. But it is a nice PQ 63RB. And with the 7-digit green holder (which makes at a very cool piece), and at today's prices, I feel like I got a deal.

It probably has a very good chance to upgrade to 64RB, as you said.

Anyway, thanks again!

Good luck finding that camera - glad that I could help.

Regards,

Duane

• Options
    Dear All-

I am selling some of my extra copper mattes to set aside a tiny bit more $$ for a coin I've had my eye on for a while. I am actually selling 4 coins, and 3 are already committed. The last one is a 1909 MPL (see the attached photo - PCGS 1909 PR63RB - Green Holder) that I bought from Ray (Ambro) for $1,200 (which was fair). I will turn this coin for a loss for some quick cash. The PCGS price is $825. I will sell to the first $700, because I want it to move quickly. Yup - you heard correctly - $700. The coin is mostly red, decent eye appeal, with one little spot behind Lincoln's shoulder that looks like a piece of PVC. As Ray says, the coin has a nice granular surface, and is a solid 63RB, no question about it. The green labal is cool, as well. But I bought the coin on a whim, and really have no place to 'fit' it in my collection (I've got 3 '09s already). At that price, it's a gimme. You can see the photo below. It's a middle of the road but nice eye appeal MPL. For a collector with a little more time or inclination, a conservation job could very likely produce a 64RD or 64RB, IMO. But I have a very specific coin in mind to purchase, and a very quick cash need. So there you have it -- A no lose (kind of hard to go wrong at that price for a decent MPL image

$700.00 and it's yours. Otherwise, I'll throw it in a HA auction or liquidate quickly another way. But that obviously is slower, and I'd prefer to give someone in our posse a shot at a 1909 MPL at an extremley fair offer. Nothing more complicated than that.

Just a PM or email is fine if you would like to buy. First communication will take it.

Thanks,
    Duane
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW man you are quick illini....
  • Options
    Man is he ever - congratulations. And thank you. This is a win-win.

Duane
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW man you are quick illini.... >>

Yeah... the stars were aligned just right and somehow I check the forum at the right time that evening image

Thanks again Duane for helping me get my first Matte Proof Lincoln!! Just arrived this afternoon and it's great!! Looks very very nice in hand, better than described image And yes, the Old Yellow Holder is very cool image

Here's my very quick attempt at a photo:

imageimage
  • Options
    Nice photo - It's always a thrill getting the first one of any series, but the MPLs are the coolest. Glad I could be a part.

Dig the striations under the nose, huh?

Duane