Options

The Phillies are up 2-1..........

Equals no ring image

LMAO

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    LOL, good one.

Just wondering what the true baseball fans think so far of the series. I mean, everyone but the Phillies and the Rays fans.

I have enjoyed the series, it is close, but the series seems to be lacking something as compared to recent years. I don't know what to think for sure other than both teams appear to be very beatable.
  • Options

<< <i>Equals no ring image

LMAO >>

Blah, blah, blah, fellate us, something, something.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

LMAO >>

no team in the history of any sport, in a 5 or 7 game series ever Ever EVER won a ring when the series was 2-1.
    even the vaunted SOX.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 Red Sox for sure = no ring
  • Options

<< <i>LOL, good one.

Just wondering what the true baseball fans think so far of the series. I mean, everyone but the Phillies and the Rays fans.

I have enjoyed the series, it is close, but the series seems to be lacking something as compared to recent years. I don't know what to think for sure other than both teams appear to be very beatable. >>

I'm not a fan of either team, and I am just kind of half interested in it. I guess I'm too much into football to worry a lot about baseball.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What time did the game actually start last night? Making those fans sit in the rain like that was disgraceful.

Moyers pitched a hell of a game.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What time did the game actually start last night?

Steve >>

I don't know - I was watching Chiller Theater
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gut is that if the Phillies can take one more in Philly they will have their championship. I started out rooting for the Rays but all of the excitment here in South Jersey for the Phils has won me over.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>My gut is that if the Phillies can take one more in Philly they will have their championship. I started out rooting for the Rays but all of the excitment here in South Jersey for the Phils has won me over. >>

Thanks Dan.

We'll call off the enforcers. According to the GPS they were near the Four Mile Circle a short time ago. Well actually they're always near the Circle since they live at the state institution there.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    What time did the game actually start last night?

about 12am

three episodes of some stupid sitcom called half dead or something later lol about 1 1/2 hoursimage it was a long time
    they could have at least showed scooby dooimage
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ed?
  • Options

<< <i>ed? >>

what????imageimage
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options

<< <i>What time did the game actually start last night?

about 12am

three episodes of some stupid sitcom called half dead or something later lol about 1 1/2 hoursimage it was a long time
    they could have at least showed scooby dooimage >>

i love scooby!!!! rearry
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    I am not really a baseball fan and while the games themselves have been alright, the several long delays have been killing. It has felt like watching golf. Would like to see the Rays win.....that might make the Royals believe they have a shot next year.

It is funny, I read an editorial the other day, how we tend to hate rival teams and how that was bad for society, and for Kansas area teams it noted the Broncos for the Chiefs, Oklahoma for NCAA football, Missouri teams for our NCAA basketball and then it mentioned the Royals and said something like, "Well no one hates the Royals." Meaning, we suck so bad in baseball we have no rivals.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>

LMAO >>

no team in the history of any sport, in a 5 or 7 game series ever Ever EVER won a ring when the series was 2-1.
    even the vaunted SOX. >>

The 1985 Royals did. In fact, here are some 3-1 comebacks, and this is just the World Series.

1985 WS Royals Cardinals (Thanks Buckner...Saberhagen should have to share his MVP)
    1968 WS Tigers* Cardinals
    1958 WS Yankees* Braves (Mil.)
    1925 WS Pirates Senators

* = means won last two games on the road.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    I guess the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates did as well (in the WS). They also fell back 3-1 and won final two games on road.

Any others?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    yeah the 08 Rays.

Steve
    Good for you.