Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Picked this up at the Tucson Show

I went down to our local show here in Tucson yesterday, and got to briefly meet Arizona Jack and Rick Snow at their booths. Very nice gentlemen. It was fun meeting a few forums members in person. I was looking for early, trade, or seated dollars to fill holes in my dollar collection. I did not reallly expect to find anything I needed there. My first walk around came up empty. Just when my wife was getting bored and tugging at my shirt to leave and hit a local pub, I cam across this 1800 Americai wide date low 8 dollar already in a PCGS holder (not a bad pedigree either). I never expected to find this one in my own back yard!

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Nice coin there Joseph. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at the show yesterday.

• Options

<< <i>Nice coin there Joseph. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at the show yesterday.

image >>

I was looking for you. I was told to keep an eye out for a good looking young guy with a flock of women trying to tackle him. You must have left, because I could not find anyone that fit the discription.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Super looking coin..image
    Dan
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just looked at your dollar set and all I can say is......................................................................W O W !image
  • Options
    Thanks Dimeman. Your dime set is coming along nicely also! I am hoping to get my set close to completion over the next several years. I doubt I will ever be able to get to 100%, the 1794 and 1870-S are stoppers from a financial point of view for me. Thats OK with me, it will take a lifetime to upgrade the many widgets in my set, that will be enough to keep me interested indefinately.

When I was looking at the requirements for your dime set, I noticed PCGS requires both the business strike and the satin finish. The dollar set does not. Either coin will fill the same dollar slot. I wonder what made PCGS to have different requirements for each set?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why both SF and BS coins are required, but I DON'T like it. I would rather spend my money on classics!!!!image