Home Sports Talk
Options

Great game for the Phillies

They pulled it out in the end...so good on 'em! Congrats on a great win.

Comments

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They pulled it out in the end...so good on 'em! Congrats on a great win. >>

gracious of ye. LONG LONG way to go. this is the first time Ive been seeing the rays end to end and they're a skilled versatile squad.

LONG way to go.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    great win? GREAT win? It was a spectacular win. Like beating every team in the AL on one night.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They pulled it out in the end...so good on 'em! Congrats on a great win. >>

gracious of ye. LONG LONG way to go. this is the first time Ive been seeing the rays end to end and they're a skilled versatile squad.

LONG way to go. >>

Truth be told, I have an interest in either team as there are former Brewers on both. Geoff Jenkins on the Phils and Gabe Gross & Grant Balfour on the Rays. I'm not so much rooting for the Rays as much as I am against anything stalin would enjoy. image

I have to say, though, as soon as I saw them bring in Grant Ball-four, I cringed. That guy was atrocious for the Brewers and we traded him to the Rays for Seth McClung (I believe). Neither one was very good at trade time and both have gotten much better. Still, Ball-four always scares me in close games.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

LONG way to go. >>

Truth be told, I have an interest in either team as there are former Brewers on both. Geoff Jenkins on the Phils and Gabe Gross & Grant Balfour on the Rays. I'm not so much rooting for the Rays as much as I am against anything stalin would enjoy. image

I have to say, though, as soon as I saw them bring in Grant Ball-four, I cringed. That guy was atrocious for the Brewers and we traded him to the Rays for Seth McClung (I believe). Neither one was very good at trade time and both have gotten much better. Still, Ball-four always scares me in close games. >>

Yeah Im sure Geoff wished he was back with the Brew Crew.....living it up on a slanty couch in downtown Milwaukee. NOT

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah Im sure Geoff wished he was back with the Brew Crew.....living it up on a slanty couch in downtown Milwaukee. NOT

JS >>

The 80's called. They want your NOT back. You make about as much sense with your NOT comments as Brick Tamland.

Who said Geoff wished he was back in Milwaukee? When he left, he paid for a full page article in the newspaper thanking the Brewers fans for their 10 years of support. He's a classy guy who deserved (and got) a great reception - including a LONG highlight reel on the big screen - when the Phillies came to town earlier this season. It was an amicable parting and the team he went to is in the World Series. I'm very happy for him!
  • Options
    you mean thanking them for drinking a lot of beer and booing him? Your last playoff win was what...Yount and the gang?

Sincerely,
    The 80's
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks man - still a ways to go, but admittedly, it's looking very, very good.
  • Options

<< <i>you mean thanking them for drinking a lot of beer and booing him? Your last playoff win was what...Yount and the gang?

Sincerely,
    The 80's >>

Playoff series? Yep...1982. Playoff game? Moyer, Jamie.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    that was too heavy man, too close for comfortimage
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Yes it was a great win for the Phillies, congrats to them. Although I hate the Phillies, I'm very happy to see Moyer leave the game after a fine performance. Especially after what the Dodgers did to him last series.

One question I have: How could the Rays batters go up to the plate and just look at some of those strikes? They all knew the plate ump had a very generous strike zone.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>Yes it was a great win for the Phillies, congrats to them. Although I hate the Phillies, I'm very happy to see Moyer leave the game after a fine performance. Especially after what the Dodgers did to him last series.

One question I have: How could the Rays batters go up to the plate and just look at some of those strikes? They all knew the plate ump had a very generous strike zone.

Brian >>

They owed us a massive strike zone after that awful call at first. This game shouldn't of gone to the bottom of the 9th.

JS
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    we got robbed at 1st when that one ray was out,went downhil from there
    need to have video replay in game,its only the worls series yo knowimage