Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NPs - A few Canadian

I purchased several coins from an estate, including some Spanish pieces of eight (thread here).

Nothing too special about these coins, general circulated older coins but some people may be interested.

Coin 1:

Anybody have any idea what happend to this cent???

Coin 2:

Coin 3:

Coin 4:

Coin 5 -
this coin is tiny, smaller than a US dime:

Coin 6:

Hope some of you enjoy some older original Canadian coinage!
Buying £2 Britannias

Comments

• Options
    Those are very nice coins.It's a bummer about the 1c. coin though.The 2 Newfoundland coins are very collectable,not only in Canada.I also have a few Canadian provincial coins from New Brunswick,Nova Scotia,& Prince Edward Island,as well as Newfoundland,in my own collection.

One day,after I am fully recovered (as I had gallbladder removal surgery done this week),I will be getting my computer's original power box rebuilt,as the C.P.U. & motherboard have to be replaced,& Windows XP reinstalled to rename the file names over into my name.I will eventually be able to resume scanning & uploading photos of my collection online.

Aidan.
  • Options
    Is that lead solder splatter on the One Cent?
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    I do like them Newfies. I've always thought provicial Canadian coinage would take off some day...
    Been wrong so far! image
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    Joe,
    Canadian provincial coinage is extremely underrated,especially that of Newfoundland.

Aidan.
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    IloiloKano - no idea what is on that 1 cent.... solder splatter fits the look of it... I guess I'll have to remove it from the 2x2 and do some expirements
    Buying £2 Britannias