Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone have any non-valuable modern cards that they want to donate to kids' organizations??

Y'all know me on the forums as being the guy that collects HOF signed rookies. In real life, I'm the County Auditor for Ellis County, TX, and I serve on the boards of the Ellis County Children's Advocacy Center, Inc., as well as the Salvation Army and YMCA. I wanted to ask the board if there is anyone out there that has accumulated modern cards that don't hold value to them, but that would hold a lot of value to children in need, that would consider donating them for disbursement to the kids. They don't have to be any particular sport, any particular player, even non-sport would be enjoyed by the kids. Doesn't matter if they are unopened, opened, whatever. I do request that they be relatively modern, so the kids know who they are. I personally don't know much about the newer cards as its not my ball of wax, but I'm sure the kids do.

If you have bulk lots of these types of things, it would make some kids' Christmas to get them. I can either give you the addresses of my organizations directly, or you can also just send them to me and I'll distribute them as I'm at their locations at least once a week.

Great chance to clean up some of your excess stuff, and support some good organizations along the way.

Thanks in advance for your generosity! You can PM me for addresses if you'd like.

Take care,

Mike Navarro
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Mike, that is a fantastic thing you are doing for the kids. I've donated alot of my commons in the past years to hospitals in the area where there are termilly ill children staying. I don't have any extra cards right now, but please bump this post once in awhile for us.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    I'll see what kind of wax boxes I have and send them to you. What age group are we talking about? I have some Pokemon type cards or Webkinz cards (for the girls) that I can send.
    Oh, and I shipped out the George Clooney piece o'jacket card to you yesterday from my freebie give-a-way.

Brian
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll see what kind of wax boxes I have and send them to you. What age group are we talking about? I have some Pokemon type cards or Webkinz cards (for the girls) that I can send.
    Oh, and I shipped out the George Clooney piece o'jacket card to you yesterday from my freebie give-a-way.

Brian >>

Thanks, that would be much appreciated. The age that typically goes through the Advocacy Center is about 6-14 year old and is more female than male. The age that goes through the Salvation Army is infant to about 17 and is male/female equally.

Mike
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike, Are you looking for unopened material, or will opened cards work as well? I have some Bowman Chrome and Ginter cards I would be more than happy to send you if that will work? They are all opened already though! Let me know,
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, Are you looking for unopened material, or will opened cards work as well? I have some Bowman Chrome and Ginter cards I would be more than happy to send you if that will work? They are all opened already though! Let me know, >>

Matt,

Unopened or opened will work either way. The kids won't care, they'll think it's awesome just to get something of an athlete.

Mike
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    pm me addy i got enuff card to strech across the country and back,i have no idea what in the boxes though, just stuff lol- its all mixed up
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I've got a few stacks (a couple hundred) of 08 UD baseball and 08 Goudey I'll send you. PM your address and I'll ship em out.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Mike, PM me an addy where to send and I will have a package in the mail on Monday.

• Options
    i have a sealed box of 1990/91 eurpean soccer. i have alot of football card stars and all left over from the card shop that i was involved with..i also have some jef gordon stuff.. pm an addy. thanks don russell
  • Options
    Everyone's PM's returned so far, thanks to all for their generosity.

Mike
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    surprise comingimage
    edit to say, very heavy surpise comingimage
    and now i go off to watch spongebob in my cartoon world
    i wish h.r. puffnstuff was still on with sid and marty croft,that was a serious wacked out show , not for kids image
  • Options
    Mike,

Shipped you a surprise today. Keep up the good work with the kids.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris