Home Sports Talk
Options

Penn State- Ohio State

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
at Columbus, Saturday night... who wins the battle? 2 weeks ago, I would have said Penn State and today I am thinking it is a coin toss...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I bet Penn St just because I really don't want OSU back in the national title picture just to get blown out by a SEC or Big 12 team again.
  • Options
    Ohio State will not make it to the Title game this year no matter what happens. Penn State only makes it if they win every game in a convincing style... anything short of total domination, with the exception of a close win in the Ohio State game, will be viewed as unacceptable. Big 12 (Texas) v SEC (Alabama) or USC is THE LIKELY TITLE GAME.

The Big Ten could do well in the bowl season, if for no other reason to silence the critics.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    osu -boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-i thorw rocks at them across river
  • Options
    Who cares? This game is the same as two cellar dwelling SEC teams playing each other.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be a great game - i think Penn State finds a way to win.
  • Options

<< <i>at Columbus, Saturday night... who wins the battle? 2 weeks ago, I would have said Penn State and today I am thinking it is a coin toss... >>

I agree, but Penn State wins by a touchdown.
  • Options

<< <i>Who cares? This game is the same as two cellar dwelling SEC teams playing each other. >>

• Options
    It is likely that there will be afew Big Ten- SEC match ups in the Bowl games and we can talk more then....image

• Options
    THE Buckeyes in a squeaker. Rest assured, win or lose, no sofa is safe in the South Campus area.
  • Options

<< <i>It is likely that there will be afew Big Ten- SEC match ups in the Bowl games and we can talk more then....image >>

Unless a bowl game is for a national championship, then IMO bowl games do not really matter. It's just my opinion after watching
    college bowls for over 30 years that you do not get spirited games all the times in the lesser bowl games.

However, if we do get Alabama, Florida, Georgia or LSU against Penn State, tOSU, Wisconsin in bowl games, then it would
    be fun to discuss, but meaningless IMO unless it's a national championship game.
  • Options

<< <i>However, if we do get Alabama, Florida, Georgia or LSU against Penn State, tOSU, Wisconsin in bowl games, then it would be fun to dicuss >>

As an LSU and SEC fan, I am afraid the SEC has little chance this year. Assuming Bama gets passed Tenn today, they still have to get passed LSU and Auburn. LSU unfortunately may not be strong enough this year to survive Georgia today and Bama in two weeks not to mention we always seem to have a hard to with Arkansas the last game of the year. Florida has the best chance now but still has to get passed Georgia and the ole ball coach. Georgia has the toughest road with all their remainig opponents either currently ranked or have been this year. If any of these teams survive, they still have to win the SEC title game to make it to the BCS title game.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Corso picked OSU. Figures.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Penn State. Nega-props to Jim Tressel. Hey Jim, the 1930's called and want their offensive playbook back.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As expected, a great defensive battle. Ohio State played some great hard-nosed football but Penn State played just a little better. Kudos to Ohio State for a gallant effort.

Very exciting time to be a Penn State fan with an excellent chance to take home a championship - I hope next week there isn't a "letdown" after this big win, but Paterno knows what to do to make sure that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    be sure to watch w.v.u now, we got the national championship in the bag image
    in 20 more years
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Jim, the 1930's called and want their offensive playbook back. >>

Let's give them their economy and stock market back while we're at it...
  • Options

Great game. They played their game and stuffed the OSU offense.

Let's run the table and go for the national championship.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>at Columbus, Saturday night... who wins the battle? 2 weeks ago, I would have said Penn State and today I am thinking it is a coin toss... >>

I agree, but Penn State wins by a touchdown. >>

• Options
    SteveK

We get a week off before Iowa. Should be a good thing for team.
  • Options
    Don't underestimate Iowa

underestimate... one word in this instanceimage