Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

NEW 1916 MPL in ANACS holder - PF63BN!

Well, the saga of the raw 1916 from eBay is drawing to an unexpected close. The owner of the coin took our advice and had the coin certified. ANACS did not seem to be the best choice, but the assigned grade was a surprize. I'm sure a lot of us felt that even a "genuine" appraisal would be great for the owner, but having it come back as a clean (not cleaned) PF63BN must have been a surprize to the owner as well as the rest of us. Here's a copy of the e-mail sent to me just now:
----------------------------------------------
hello, the (ANACS) number is 4143233 it is PF 63 BRN
----------------------------------------------

That was it. I am remaining aloof, but I may have a shot at that coin, so if anybody wants a crack at it, let me know. If you all remember correctly, the coin appeared much nicer than a 63BN in the eBay photos.

Regards,
-Matt

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    a lil sadness befalls as i clearly saw that 16 to be a matty but now there's no way it will be had on the low side of price

oh well
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Had no one created a stink, TED and I were going to duke it out for a few hundred dollars. Now we get to sit on the sidelines.image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not about creating a stink. This is the FIRST matte that the posse was able to advise the owner and thereby protect you from tinkling away cash on a otherwise non matte coin. Historically listings for mattes, and I might say a lot of other UNC coins get listed as proofs when they are not.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    pennie-

C'mon, now you get a nice camera...... image