Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Found this last night, Strike Doubling?? Dunno???

I know this might seem like the wrong forum, But, I prefer to stay on the Darkside, I found this last night while sifting thru a OBW roll of 69-S
Lincoln's, So you can understand why i am asking........ I am curious.....

Thank's in advance,
ozzysdad47

" I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......

Comments

• Options
    Here's an article on the 1969-S Double Die Obverse:

1969-S DDO

Jim
  • Options

Thank's Jim, Funny, I tried to google it last night, The only one i found was on a Heritage auction page and the Doubling was very similar to this coin. That is why i asked..... I can't even find it now. It was MS 64 Red. I hated to post it in the U.S. Forum, That is why i asked here. I never have had alot of luck in the liteside, And i am not sure what happen to coppercoins???? Anyone know what happened to Chuck?

Anyway, Many thank's, ozzysdad47
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a DDO, however, I think it is not the same variety as the one that goes for big bucks

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Hey, koinKat, Yes it doe's, But i have to agree it must be "Deceptive Strike Doubling" the doubling appear's on all the element's except for the date which due to the thickness in the numeral's. Like i said , I dunno.??? However, I do remember something in previous post's on the liteside forum, or here? That one of the Canadian grading companie's did grade a few for a guy that he later was listing on eBay. I've got about 6 of these that i am aware of at this point.
  • Options

<< <i>Thank's Jim, Funny, I tried to google it last night, The only one i found was on a Heritage auction page and the Doubling was very similar to this coin. That is why i asked..... I can't even find it now. It was MS 64 Red. I hated to post it in the U.S. Forum, That is why i asked here. I never have had alot of luck in the liteside, And i am not sure what happen to coppercoins???? Anyone know what happened to Chuck?

Anyway, Many thank's, ozzysdad47 >>

You're Welcome ozzysdad47.
    I was actually quite excited for you there for a minute when I saw that one of these sold for something like 126k recently in MS64. I agree with coinkat though that this is not an example of one of those....Seems like a quite worthy endeavor though as who knows when one might turn up again!
    Makes me want to go through my penny Mug, I must have at least a thousand old pennies in that thing...
    Here'a a pic of one that sold for $42.5k

link

Keep Looking!

Jim
  • Options
    I found the one listed with Heritage it is under Lot 2718 Auction 454, Yep 126.5 K for a penny............And it might be a wishful endeavor, But a worthwhile one at that. One thing unique with this one is it has red nylon fiber's struck into the rim and one has a bristle stuck in the mintmark. I did manage to get a pic of it. I appreciate you guy'simage

Ozzysdad47
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A major case of strike doubling