Home Sports Talk
Options

Lions home sellout string comes to an end - game blacked out locally this Sunday

The Detroit Lions home sellout string of 51 games dating back to 2001 has come to an end when they could not sell 6,000 seats by 1 PM
today. This is actually a good thing as Lions fans will be able to see someone else instead of a pitiful 0-6 team that is going nowhere.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    really? It took this long for the streak to end? I'm shocked.
  • Options

<< <i>really? It took this long for the streak to end? I'm shocked. >>

I know, the Lions have been a crappy team for so long and yet people still want to see them. I think the 0-6 season and the
    reality of a depressed economy in Michigan is starting to take a toll on the Lions. Going to an NFL game is hardly inexpensive that
    is for sure.
  • Options
    Wow. Since 2001. I am really surprised by that.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the last game that did not sell out at UM? Of course it seems that they will make room there if need be

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>When was the last game that did not sell out at UM? Of course it seems that they will make room there if need be >>

I did some research and found it hard to pin down that specific information but it appears that they have not had less than 100,000 for every game since 1975. How to define a sellout is kind of tricky since they have expanded and contracted the capacity of the stadium by a few thousand seatsy back and forth over the years for construction projects and other issues including handicapped seating.