Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

need help with new pete rose registry set!!!!!

since they keep removing card from the pete rose registry set, i was thinking of making another. i know there is a basic set and a master set. i know i am in the same boat as others there are just some things that you can not get or the psa removes player cards. i looking for a suggestion for a new pete rose registry. maybe a pete rose complete card set? like one that every card that psa grades of pete would be included. how would i do that? thanks don russell

Comments

• Options
    talk to the hitking about this topic. he should have some good insight on it.
  • Options
    is that a user name? lol. or are you refering to the real hitking...lol don
  • Options
    Don, I still have the 77 OPC Rose PSA 8 that belongs in a PSA 9 holder for sale image
  • Options
    pm me a price.. don
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Don,

looks like the current Pete Rose Master Set requires 700 cards.

JC Korth has been working on his set since January 2003 and only needs 7 more for completion.

I seriously doubt that PSA would change that set's composition, so why not go for a
    Pete Rose - Cincinnati Reds Set, or a Pete Rose - Philadelphia Phillies Set, or maybe a
    Pete Rose Oddball Card Set that would include all cards except for the major card companies or visa-versa.

Not sure if PSA already has any of those though ..... Just a thought!

PoppaJ
  • Options
    i have been working on my collection for almost a year.i have a few left to get. i just wish there was a set that did not have all of the coins,lids,and etc. just plain old pete rose cards no matter what year. thanks for the ideas though! im sure i will think of something.. don
  • Options
    The username on the cu boards is the hitking. His name is Jeff Korth and if you look at his basic and master sets of Pete Rose, they are truely amazing. I think that he might have a big influence on what goes into the set and what doesn't. He is local here in Cincinnati and attends the major shows usually. He is a real nice guy.
  • Options

<< <i>i have been working on my collection for almost a year.i have a few left to get. i just wish there was a set that did not have all of the coins,lids,and etc. just plain old pete rose cards no matter what year. thanks for the ideas though! im sure i will think of something.. don >>

I think there are a few collectors that would not mind seeing a set that included everything, meaning cards pass the players playing days, but most would consider things like coins (Pinnacle Mint, Topps Coins, et al) part of that set and that they should be part of the other sets. I could see no logical reason why Pinnacle Mint coins would be excluded, they were put into packs and sold from the same counters. I could see an arguement against like Dixie cup lids, but most player collectors do want them as well.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Which cards were included in the Master Set that have been subsequently removed?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    there are 4 cards they just removed cause they stated they didnt have 86 stats on the back. 87 topps hardback, topps, opc stickers and the 87 topps glossy were removed. there are so many inconsistant things with psa and the psa registry. they need to get there sh.. together. its not that hard. we spend money to get these cards then they delete them.. some cards are in other master sets we get rejected in the rose master sets are in other sets like bench and perez, ie 73 playoff cards with just pics of a player. there are 3 cards with bench on the front that are in bench master set, the one with rose on the front was denied. ????. but the 77 topps play off card with rose running is in the set. so what the heck... psa
  • Options
    thanks for clearing that up!! i have 13 cards that do not fit into the master or the basic set. they are still pete rose cards,why does it matter if they are after the fact? so firedawg what new set can we come up with that could include all cards from what ever years? don russell
  • Options
    A real pete rose master set would have all his cards in it, not just the playing years or as PSA says must have 86 stats on the back which is bull..... the psa registry is so inconsistant it sucks... so lets call it the REAL PETE ROSE MASTER SET AND IT INCLUDES ALL CARDS ALL YEARS, ANY TEAM CARD, AND CARD WITH PETE PICTURED IN IT. how easy is that psa, they cant screw it up.. what you think don??? corey
  • Options
    i am all for that. how do we get it done? will this thread be poofed? don
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I have a few cards left of ol' Pete, Not much left in high grade but a 76 Psa 8. Most others are mid-grade, Let me know if you would like to check'em out.

• Options
    so any ideas? what we could call the set? pete rose the complete set and beyond?? don
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>there are 4 cards they just removed cause they stated they didnt have 86 stats on the back. 87 topps hardback, topps, opc stickers and the 87 topps glossy were removed. there are so many inconsistant things with psa and the psa registry. they need to get there sh.. together. its not that hard. we spend money to get these cards then they delete them.. some cards are in other master sets we get rejected in the rose master sets are in other sets like bench and perez, ie 73 playoff cards with just pics of a player. there are 3 cards with bench on the front that are in bench master set, the one with rose on the front was denied. ????. but the 77 topps play off card with rose running is in the set. so what the heck... psa >>

Sorry...that was my fault. I tried to add a 1987 Topps hardback Stickers Tom Seaver to the master set. PSA sent me an email stating that since Seaver's last active year was 1986, any 1987 issues would have to have stats on the back to be included. I responded by saying that Rose's last active year was also 1986 and his master set included many non-stat cards for 1987. I was hoping they would just allow the Seaver to be added rather than remove the Rose cards.
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand the logic as to why statistics have to be on the back for those cards issued the year after their playing career ended in order to be included in master sets. All of the photographs used for these issues are just about always taken from the prior year anyway.
  • Options
    ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! you da guy!! no i was just wondering why the 89 manager cards are not on on registry. sorry i think myself and others should try to come up with a if psa grades it it should be in the a pete rose set. not sure what its going to be called,but i want to get it going! corey has a good idea! don
  • Options
    tacprctacprc Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I am a Pete Rose fan and collector and have been compiling a checklist of this collectible items for the past 15 years. I recently glanced at the PSA registry sets for Pete Rose, and I think that there a lot (at least 25-50) of mainstream cards and other items (like discs, photo cards, Topps test issues) missing. I have mentioned some of these to Jeff Korth, the guy with the top-rated set. Is there a way to suggest updates to the PSA registry sets without submitting cards? Chuck
  • Options
    It does not make sense that they allow some 1987 cards, but not others. It seems like if they accept sportflics and Fleer, they should accept all cards from that year. I have heard the same story about the stats on the back, but the Topps stickers do not have stats on the back.

I told PSA that on my players set that if they put Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Sportflics etc, they should allow a Topps sticker of the same year. I was told no stats, no allow. It just does not make sense to allow 1986 topps, but not 1986 topps stickers.

Does anybody have the pull around here to question this rule? Will Joe O. delete all e-mails about the registry?
  • Options
    chuck which cards are missing? corey
  • Options
    tacprctacprc Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Well, to begin with here are some Topps items: 1967 Stand Up; 1967 Punch-Out with Pete as NL Captain; 1968 Plak - Bust & Base; 1968 Disc; 1972 Candy Lid.
    Also, several of the Reds team-issued postcards and photocards -- running from 1963 to 1976. Ditto for the Phillies and Tastykake photocards.
    The list goes on and on.
  • Options
    that stuff would be awsome in the set..im not hopping on this horse again..don