Home Sports Talk
Options

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
Me thought this was their name. Why did they change it? I'm confused and bewildered, even more so than after reading one of WinPitcher's posts.

After the Phillies beat them in the World Series, are they gonna change their name again?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe after the series they'll rename the team the Tampa Bay Mets signifying a loser. LOL
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that from a fan of the team with the most Major league losses lifetime.

When people think of losers they think Phillies.

10k and counting.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Gruden, in his post game conf after beating the crap out of Seattle, called them the Devil Rays. That is going to be a hard name to lose.

JS
  • Options
    I would have to believe that 9 out of 10 Americans, have never even heard of the Tampa Bay Rays, or should I say Tampa Bay Mets, depending on whatever new name they're gonna give the team.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, that from a fan of the team with the most Major league losses lifetime.

10k and counting.

Steve >>

can I have a count of the other franchises that have been around for 120 years and where they stand on the "total loss" category?
    thanks in advance!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, that from a fan of the team with the most Major league losses lifetime.

10k and counting.

Steve >>

can I have a count of the other franchises that have been around for 120 years and where they stand on the "total loss" category?
    thanks in advance! >>

Sears
    Subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation
    Founded 1886 in Chicago, Illinois
    Headquarters Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Industry Retail
    Products Clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, appliances, housewares, tools, and electronics.
    Revenue $23.6 Billion

• Options
    I have to believe that 8 out of 10 Americans have never even heard of Tampa, and if they did, 5 out of 10 would not know what state it is in.
  • Options
    Philadelphia, the center of the founding of our country - What has Tampa ever done other than import fish?
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And anyone unfortunate enough to live there is trying to find a way out. Only been there twice…total hellhole.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    The other teams that have been around for 120 years DO NOT have 10k in losses.

The Phillies, err I mean losers hold that record.

If you want a total breakdown, go to baseball ref. com

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Isn't Tampa the place where England in the 17th century used to expel its worst criminals?
  • Options

I have to believe that 8 out of 10 Americans have never even heard of Tampa, and if they did, 5 out of 10 would not know what state it is in

You been drinking all day?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Isn't Tampa the place where England in the 17th century used to expel its worst criminals? >>

No Steve, that was Veterans Stadium
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Isn't Tampa the place where England in the 17th century used to expel its worst criminals? >>

No Steve, that was Veterans Stadium >>

Great zinger! image
  • Options
    << Isn't Tampa the place where England in the 17th century used to expel its worst criminals? >>

No Steve, that was Veterans Stadium

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I have to believe that 8 out of 10 Americans have never even heard of Tampa, and if they did, 5 out of 10 would not know what state it is in

You been drinking all day?

Steve >>

Boring zinger. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Great zinger! image >>

Thank you, thank you very much

• Options
    Tampa residents needn't worry about anything though, with global warming melting the polar icecaps and increasing the ocean volume, Tampa in about 25 years will be submerged under about fifty feet of salt water.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Great zinger! image >>

image >>

Just don't ever try that again! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Great zinger! image >>

image >>

Just don't ever try that again! image >>

If you do...I'll tell Tonya you're being bad - I mean it - I'll tell her.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

Now they send them to Penn State and JoePa.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>If you're a stuck up, white, 50 year old male from the midwest, Tampa's probably not for you but other than that I think it's a nice place overall.

>>

Suggest you check the origin of most of the transplants to Tampa and points south on that side of the Peninsula.

Get a map and look at I-75. It begins in northern Michigan.

Check to see how many Packers and Bears fans are at Ray Jay when those teams are in town. Check how many Wisconsin and other Big Ten fans are there when that team plays in the Outback Bowl. They don't fly in for the game. They already live there.

It's no coincidence that the Twins train in Ft. Myers. They have a fan base that lives there.

There are probably more relocated midwesterners in Tampa and SW Florida than those from any other part of the country.

I-75 brought them there for vacations years ago and many decided to stay.