Home Sports Talk
Options

Does Wade Phillips last the year?

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
Of course I'm a Cowboy fan but I believe this season is going down the toilet. Injuries have taken their toll. Romo, Felix Jones, Newman, Roy Williams and Adam Jones (susp) out. The offense has struggled the last 3+ games even before Romo went down. The D is missing the most players and is playing like garbage without a "leader". They have the Bucs, Giants and Redskins coming up in the next 3 games. Seeing how the Rams crushed them, I definitely see an 0-3 streak coming up real soon.

Jerry Jones is a business man with a great business mind. Football mind? Hardly. He is more concerned about looking good and signing big names to add to an already "big name" crowded team. It really kinda reminds me of the my other team, the Mets. Sign a bunch of big names that end up having no chemistry at all. Are Jerry Jones and Omar Minaya related? They gotta be somehow.

Two things need to happen imo. Phillips needs to go and Jerry Jones needs to sell the team to an owner that will make the right moves. Seeing how one of these things or possibly both won't happen, I think I'll just kill myself now.

Thanks for listening

Farewell friends

Bye Bye Now

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I will pray for you Matt.

Brian
  • Options
    lol

I didn't even realize I posted it. I was trying to edit the thing....darn poll!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt you cant predict injuries or IMO hold a coach responsible for the team faltering because of it. Your talking MAJOR holes by these injuries not to mention Felix Jones being a Jerry Jones pick- I dont think anyone could have expected the Cowboys to win with Brad Johnson behind the wheel.

Once you get Romo back things will shake out fine, I think the smartest move was to keep him out of last weeks game as there is plenty of football left to play, they will get their "swagger" back.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    All teams have injuries. Bucs lost Garica early on and their #1 WR. Titans have gone 6-0 without their starting QB. Dallas had lost Felix (their back up RB) for one week
    and Romo for 1 week. Maybe they just weren't that great to begin with? They were losing games they should of won at full strength.

Kevin
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to answer this post, i truly am, i sincerely am, I mean it...but the tears are flowing so fast from me eyes I can't see the keyboard. i am so very sorry that the Dallas Cowboys are struggling and that my favorite person of all time, my idol, my hero, Jerry Jones is hurting right now.

.image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Steve, we disagree on Penn State but I'm with ya on this one!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Matt -

I am sorry this happened to you.

You should quit being a Cowboys fan. image
  • Options

<< <i>Matt -

I am sorry this happened to you.

You should quit being a Cowboys fan. image >>

lol Keith

You voted for the new "Jerry face" didn't ya? image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Romo wasn't the reason the boys lost (got hammered actually)

they were overrated going into the season anyway. I'd be surprised if they win 9 games.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Matt,

You hit the nail on the head when you said Jones needs to sell the team. Besides me, you're the only other person I've heard admit that. Jones is definitely committed to winning, he just doesn't know how to do it! He made the right decision in the very beginning by hiring Jimmy Johnson. It was Johnson who built Dallas' championship teams of the 1990's and his coaching style is exactly what's been missing since he left.

The only acceptable alternative to Jones selling the team would be for him to step aside and have no more involvement in team operations. As it is now, he hires the head coach, the assistants, drafts the players, negotiates contracts, and anything else that must be done.

1420sports,

You are also correct. Dallas was vastly overrated prior to the season. Anyone willing to look objectively at the team could see that all along. They are loaded with talent...probably more than any team in the league. But they play a soft 3-4 defense without even having the right personnel to run such a scheme. Their special teams-- specifically punt/kick coverage--were horrendous in the preseason and have not improved at all as the regular season has progressed. They need to scrap the 3-4 and go back to a 4-3. Sadly, it's probably way too late to effectively implement a new defense. Not that they would even try. Even if they did they don't have a competent enough coaching staff to get it done properly.

At least they managed to beat the Eagles.image However, I'm pretty sure that Philadelphia will make the Rams game look competitive by comparison when they get another crack at Dallas in the season finale.
    Brett
  • Options
    I voted the first slot, but they didn't line up so....just kidding, but I did vote the first slot and after thinking about it, I will go, "Yes, but will not be back next year." To do otherwise, Jerry would have to admit he was wrong.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I think they will get it together and have a decent season. Maybe not the season they were predicted to have, but a respectable season to a non-bias person.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options

<< <i>I think they will get it together and have a decent season. Maybe not the season they were predicted to have, but a respectable season to a non-bias person. >>

The team has 13 Pro Bowl members and looks like they will not even make the playoffs. Hard to call that respectable with that much talent. They have become the NFL's New York Yankees.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    The Cowboys should have never gotten rid of Danny White.