Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wanna see the finest known 1962-D Washington?

PCGS MS67
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!

The colors are great. Did you get a trueview of it?

S
  • Options
    Nope. No Trueview option when you submit thru Teletrade.
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Did you get that graded Bushmaster? Impressive! Gosh dang I'd love to start my silver quarter set with that, but I don't have the money.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There goes my pop 1. image

Congrats, Bushmaster! That's gorgeous!
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    SUPER NICE COIN.... Way to go Bush..image
    Dan
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous, Looks alot like the one I use to own. Here is a pic of my
    1962-D when I had my set. Mine was an MS66. Clearly 2 different
    coins. they could pass for twins.....

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

• Options
    Nick, that looks familiar. Didn't Craig Norris own that at one time?

Where is that guy anyway? Haven't seen him post in a long time...
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Not Craig Norris, Maybe Craig Harries. The coin was in the color me quarters set when I purchased
    the set.

Nick
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, I like them both..............big difference in price from 66 to 67!image

I guess the only thing holding back the 66 is the 3 little marks on the chin jaw area. Or it would be a 67 too!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    colorcoins and bushmaster8 ->

what storage/album type resulted in those beautiful colors?
  • Options

<< <i>big difference in price from 66 to 67! >>

Boy... You can say that again.. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Fabulous coin. I made the first PCGS MS67 1962-D several years ago and yours is a beauty too!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug: I made the (former) one and only 62-D quarter in PCGS-MS67 -I believe you might be referring to the first 62-P that you made?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    As I recall Mitch I made the 1962-D and sold it to you several years ago. The only 1962-P I have in PCGS MS67 is a type B reverse and not for sale. Check your records on this one you may be right, once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken! In any event I can feel the love for this new coin currently bid up to $9800. dr
    Quarter 1962D PCGS 67
    Superb Gem mint luster which is enhanced by vibrant rainbow tone. Well struck. Pleasing surfaces. PCGS has certified a mere two coins at this level and none finer. $9800 $10000
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long trail a-windin' for that first 62-D, a glorious blast white. Great to find out more about the pedigree.

I got it from Craig Norris, who as I recall got it from David Schweitz, who got it from Superior. Did you put it up at Superior, Mitch?
  • Options
    Doug: You are mistaken on this one (once every ten years ain't bad though).

David: Yes, through an intermediary, I consigned the 61-D and 62-D MS67 quarters to the same Superior auction. They were then split up and sold between two top collectors at the time with Craig, as I recall, taking claim to the 62-D which is now your coin. In fact, David, one evening if and when we are ever together enjoying a beer or two, I'll even show you what auction both the 61-D and the 62-D came from many years ago before they were submitted to PCGS.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I turned 50 this month and already getting forgetful. I researched my old silver quarter set file and I made a 1960-D and 1963-D in PCGS MS67 and it was the 1963-D that Mitch bought. Once every ten years to be forgetful about a coins not bad! dr
  • Options
    And, by the way Doug, that 63-D is one of the most amazing rainbow quarters out there - a centerpiece to my collection to this day!

Wondercoin
  • Options
    How about posting a picturw. That way we can compare Bush's coin, Nick's, and the doug/Wondercoin coin.

Dan
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Last time I looked, this coin had still not appeared in any of the top registry sets.

Anybody know where it found a home?
  • Options
    That's amazing; beautiful rainbow tones and holding the top population title--congratulations!
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    since it has not shown up in the registry yet- maybe the owner has submitted it to NGC for crossover - or to CAC image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Nice coin, Nick!

It MUST be outstanding in hand.

Great score, Greg! image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin, Nick!

It MUST be outstanding in hand.

Great score, Greg! image >>

image..just gorgeous.