Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Upset of the Week

For my upset of the week pick, I will go Oakland over NY Jets. Oakland is perhaps only better then the Chiefs and the Lions....but this week, they beat the Packers by 10.
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For my upset of the week pick, I will go Oakland over NY Jets. Oakland is perhaps only better then the Chiefs and the Lions....but this week, they beat the Packers by 10. >>

Packers? image

Edited to add: Was that a Favre-ian slip?
  • Options

Rams 23
    Cowboys 17
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For my upset of the week pick, I will go Oakland over NY Jets. Oakland is perhaps only better then the Chiefs and the Lions....but this week, they beat the Packers by 10. >>

Packers? image

Edited to add: Was that a Favre-ian slip? >>

lol....yeah, please insert "they beat the NY Jets by 10."
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Seahawks over the Bucs.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Rams 23
    Cowboys 17 >>

When I read the title, I was thinking of this game.
  • Options
    It's halftime. Rams 24, Cowboys 7. image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's halftime. Rams 24, Cowboys 7. image >>

Shuddup image

• Options

<< <i>

Shuddup image >>

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

31-7 now. Cowboys look like garbage.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm luvin' it.

PS: Cowboys suck!
  • Options

<< <i>

31-7 now. Cowboys look like garbage. >>

Karma is catching up with the parchment faced Incubus.
  • Options
    Steven Jackson is eating the Dallas defense alive.
  • Options
    Joy to the world...that is except for Dallas fans. Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.......................
  • Options
    LMM was last seen building a bonfire of Dallas Cowboys memorabilia. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>LMM was last seen building a bonfire of Dallas Cowboys memorabilia. LOL >>

Shuddup image
  • Options

Jessica Simpson has Brady Quinn on speed dial.
  • Options
    Things can sure head south quick in this league image
  • Options
    Good news for Cowboys fans...it's still 31 - 7...it hasn't gotten any worse. Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha..............................
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Good news for Cowboys fans...it's still 31 - 7...it hasn't gotten any worse. Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.............................. >>

Uh, would you believe 34?
  • Options
    I saw Jerry Jones interviewed on TV last night. That boy looks like he's over 80 years old...he's probably gonna look like over 90 years old after this game. image
  • Options
    We are seeing a HUGE difference in the Dallas offense without a mobile QB. And I don't know where the Cowboys defense went. Ware has been a beast like usual, but the rest of them aren't doing so well.
  • Options

<< <i>I saw Jerry Jones interviewed on TV last night. That boy looks like he's over 80 years old...he's probably gonna look like over 90 years old after this game. image >>

He is the spawn of Beelzebub.
  • Options
    I just realized why you guys are talking so much crap.

The Eagles have a bye...LOL image
  • Options
    34 - 7...Ya know if they was playin' tennis, this score wouldn't be so bad......Ya know like 40 - 15 is only two shots behind.....Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....................
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and another thing. Even after the Cowboys lose today, the Eagles will still be in last place image

• Options

<< <i>I just realized why you guys are talking so much crap.

The Eagles have a bye...LOL image >>

Uh, they beat the Rams like a rented mule. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just realized why you guys are talking so much crap.

The Eagles have a bye...LOL image >>

Uh, they beat the Rams like a rented mule. image >>

edit to add shuddup image
  • Options

<< <i>Oh yeah, and another thing. Even after the Cowboys lose today, the Eagles will still be in last place image >>

ouch
  • Options

<< <i>Oh yeah, and another thing. Even after the Cowboys lose today, the Eagles will still be in last place image >>

They'll still be in last place, yeah that's the ticket, last place.

Make sure those deck chairs on the Titanic are arranged in neat rows. image
  • Options
    Did I say I hate Jerry Jones in this thread yet?image
  • Options
    Rams driving again after an interception... this is getting ugly.
  • Options
    3 INTs for Johnson.

Jackson has run for as many yards as Johnson passed and scored 3 TDs.
  • Options

<< <i>3 INTs for Johnson.

Jackson has run for as many yards as Johnson passed and scored 3 TDs. >>

I really didn't think Brad(suck)Johnson was gonna stink it up so bad today. The guy is a good qb. His timing can't be that off!
  • Options

<< <i>I really didn't think Brad(suck)Johnson was gonna stink it up so bad today. The guy is a good qb. His timing can't be that off! >>

I don't think the Dallas pass blocking scheme is suited to a relatively stationary QB. Romo could scramble and make plays when the pocket begins to collapse. That's not really BJ's game.
  • Options
    And even when Dallas scores a TD in 4th quarter garbage time, they still almost missed the PAT...
  • Options
    I don't think anyone expect the Cowboys to suck that bad. I was thinking, that is a terrible upset of the week pick, as more expected them to lose then win, but after that beating...I have to say good pick.

At least us Chief fans know we suck, expect to suck and look forward to future sucking.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Mark is just trying to be like me by picking these ridiculous upsets.

Nice pick. I honestly thought you were nuts, but then again it is the NFL.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Dallas is playing like they practice...soft.

No more playoff victories until Jerry Jones steps down as gm. I wish I could take that bet to Vegas...it would give a better payout than stocks have the last ten years, lol.
  • Options
    Its AMAZING! Even with a lose the Cowboys seem to generate more excitment and popularity than Teams that actually won.
    I guess when your one of the most successful and fabeled NFL franchises in history, Not to mention the most valuable franchise in all of sports, the flunkies need to get their pokes in while they can.
  • Options

<< <i>Its AMAZING! Even with a lose the Cowboys seem to generate more excitment and popularity than Teams that actually won.
    I guess when your one of the most successful and fabeled NFL franchises in history, Not to mention the most valuable franchise in all of sports, the flunkies need to get their pokes in while they can. >>

Yeah, and to steal Lee's line from last week, we should be talking about my great pick.
  • Options
    I heard Lee gained about 5 pounds this week - gorging oneself with buttered lobster tails and expensive wine will do that. image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the title and thought, no you aren't picking the Chiefs, nobody is that crazy. You had me worried for a minute.
    Nice pick meteor man.image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Yeah, and to steal Lee's line from last week, we should be talking about my great pick. >>

That was a great pick. image I was shocked the Jets could not beat the hapless Raiders. Just goes to show you ...... ANY GIVEN SUNDAY !!!!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>I saw the title and thought, no you aren't picking the Chiefs, nobody is that crazy. You had me worried for a minute.
    Nice pick meteor man.image >>

That would have been the upset of the century. Any game we do not get shutout is a good game.
  • Options
    Any team the Detroit Lions beat the rest of the way. It's brutally tough to be a Lions fan.

One bright spot is Calvin Johnson. He had a 96 yard td and finally got a chance to showcase his blazing speed.