Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Cashback magically isn't working

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know how to use it, used it once so far about a week ago with no problems. Now when I do the process and get to eBay through their search feature I no longer see the Microsoft cashback icon on the eBay search page or in the BIN page of any auction.

Workin' for you? Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    You need to enter via a search showing the ebay discount. Try this link.
    30% link
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    You have to try searching for something different than you searched for before. I think it has to do with cookies....image
    Becky
  • Options
    I did.

I tried your link too and it didn't come up with the Microsoft Cashback icon anywhere either.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    try clearing your cache and cookies, then go to live.com and use their search engine and then click on the ebay link after it gives you results.....maybe a slow way but my way
  • Options

<< <i>You have to try searching for something different than you searched for before. I think it has to do with cookies....image >>

Tried that, didn't work.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You have to try searching for something different than you searched for before. I think it has to do with cookies....image >>

Tried that, didn't work. >>

Just tried that. Didn't work.
  • Options
    This is fracking lame.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    just tried it myself but when i get to eBay.....no cashback?

went to live.com

plugged in gold buffalo

got the icon there but nothing in eBay
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get to it either. May have been pulled. Can anyone confirm they are getting to it?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    I had this problem yesterday, I got the live link to ebay saying 30% off, but when I clicked the cash back icon wasn't on the top of the page. I cleared my temporary internet files and browser history and rebooted, and it showed up and I was able to use it.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    rg, can you get to it like right now?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Try clearing out your history and reboot,that worked for me once before.
  • Options
    I just cleared my cookies, cache, temp. files and did a reboot. Tried it again and got nothing. Then I tried it on different computer in the house where I've never used live.com before and it didn't work their either.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Worked here but I had to open several new tabs from the msn link to eBay to get it to work.
    To be more specific I searched for wii and got the 30% banner then right clicked on the link to eBay and picked open in a new tab 10 times fast then looked at each tab and a few had the 30% off banner on eBay the rest did not.
  • Options
    Well, I just tried doing what worked yesterday, I see the 30% off after the live search, but no icon on ebay even after reboot, must be a glitch, they have them ever so often as we know. image
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    try both links: image

xbox link

nintendo link
    Ed
  • Options

<< <i>try both links: image

xbox link

nintendo link >>

Nope, nothin'.
  • Options
    I just tried live search and typed in gold eagles and then clicked open the one showing ebay and the 30% showed up at the top of the ebay page.
  • Options
    Just refreshed my home ebay page and it is showing up there too.
  • Options

<< <i>I just tried live search and typed in gold eagles and then clicked open the one showing ebay and the 30% showed up at the top of the ebay page. >>

Just tried, didn't work.
  • Options
    Hmmmm.Don't know what else to tell you to try.Working fine on my computer.Your welcome to use it. image
  • Options
    cleared everything. still not working in any of the three accounts.

Hey Clad, I think we've been booted. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>cleared everything. still not working in any of the three accounts.

Hey Clad, I think we've been booted. image >>

Sucks.
  • Options
    Read for the issue and some possible solutions.
  • Options
    Oh... I see it's not working.

It shows up in the first link but never works on ebay.

Our genie took the day off image
    Ed
  • Options
    CoinyCoiny Posts: 711 ✭✭
    I got on chat with Microsoft live. They said that ebay had some changes happening today that is causing the issue Says to keep trying and it should show up.

Coiny
  • Options
    I'm gonna take a $hit and a nap. Maybe if God doesn't hate me today it'll work when I'm up. Of course, at that point the item I'm watching will likely have already been purcashed by someone who's getting it to work.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had this problem yesterday, I got the live link to ebay saying 30% off, but when I clicked the cash back icon wasn't on the top of the page. I cleared my temporary internet files and browser history and rebooted, and it showed up and I was able to use it. >>

haha so typical with anything microsoft related!

i am staying away.
  • Options
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭
    nIt's not working for me anymore either.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I had this problem yesterday, I got the live link to ebay saying 30% off, but when I clicked the cash back icon wasn't on the top of the page. I cleared my temporary internet files and browser history and rebooted, and it showed up and I was able to use it. >>

i am staying away. >>

Sounds more like ebay than Microsoft, from what was posted above. I guess being prejudiced against a company is all that matters?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

i am staying away. >>

Sounds more like ebay than Microsoft, from what was posted above. I guess being prejudiced against a company is all that matters? >>

Riddle me this: When is corporate greed different from prejudice?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

i am staying away. >>

Sounds more like ebay than Microsoft, from what was posted above. I guess being prejudiced against a company is all that matters? >>

Riddle me this: When is corporate greed different from prejudice? >>

That's nothing about coins so I won't go past this....

You call it corporate greed but I see a lot of personal greed for folks using the cashback (I did it twice as well) so I think it is personal greed motivating some.
    As for corporate greed and prejudice......seems that MS is giving money working through another party (ebay/paypal) and doesn't control the whole pipeline. They ask only that you follow the rules and then they pay you for using their search to find it.
    They are trying to build a larger user base for their search. Maybe you can stretch and find greed in that but show me another that has no greed. Go ahead, show me.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get in yet? I sure can't.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    I suspect they are pulling the plug on anyone who is buying coins and also uses the account to sell coins. They may be doing this slowly to all accounts that sell coins. Explains the phone call, shortly after I bought some silver eagles, that the wife got from ebay (account is in her name) asking if she ran a business with her account. Ebay cashback rules state that items bought for resale do not qualify for cashback. If you still have use of the cashback you might consider using it while you can.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

While I did read you can not buy to resell, funny to just jump to the conclusion you can't buy coins because you may resell them.

There is a post to this thread that someone called and was told ebay did a code change that is affecting this cashback program, and they are working on it.
  • Options
    I copied the below from the eBay Cashback programs conditions. It specifically states you CAN buy with the intent of resale...

# eBay does not limit purchases eligible for Cashback Rewards by the purpose for which they are acquired (e.g., purchases acquired for resale). The Cashback Rewards that you are eligible to obtain from Microsoft will be disclosed to you on www.eBay.com and will be equal to a percentage of the final sale price of the first item purchased during an Online Session (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees), for up to a maximum of $200.00 per Online Session. Cashback Rewards will be available in your Program account to transfer to your PayPal account approximately sixty (60) days of the date on which you complete your purchase on eBay.com. You must have a PayPal account in order to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases on www.eBay.com. You may not redeem any Cashback Rewards until you have earned a total of $5.00 in Cashback Rewards;

I'm hoping the "glitch" resolves itself soon.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>I copied the below from the eBay Cashback programs conditions. It specifically states you CAN buy with the intent of resale...

# eBay does not limit purchases eligible for Cashback Rewards by the purpose for which they are acquired (e.g., purchases acquired for resale). The Cashback Rewards that you are eligible to obtain from Microsoft will be disclosed to you on www.eBay.com and will be equal to a percentage of the final sale price of the first item purchased during an Online Session (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees), for up to a maximum of $200.00 per Online Session. Cashback Rewards will be available in your Program account to transfer to your PayPal account approximately sixty (60) days of the date on which you complete your purchase on eBay.com. You must have a PayPal account in order to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases on www.eBay.com. You may not redeem any Cashback Rewards until you have earned a total of $5.00 in Cashback Rewards;

I'm hoping the "glitch" resolves itself soon. >>

That's a change in the original policy, glad to see it! Now if I can just get back in and finish my Christmas shopping! image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    This first sounded like MS paid for the discount but this article says ebay pays atleast part of it. It also says they will do more of it. image

The president of ebay said:

" He said he envisioned spending more on marketing, coupon programs and the cash-back program with Microsoft. eBay CFO Bob Swan said, "In tough consumer spending environment, we'll spend more in marketing, particularly in couponing."

article
    Ed
  • Options
    I was just able to get CB to work by repeatedly clicking the search button until the CB % dropped to 20%. Still acting weird...
  • Options
    Back up and running smooth here.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Still won't work for me.
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got right in and bought this. Not bad for $126....
    eBay
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    It's working now, but at 20%.

Clad, try using a different search. Nintendo wii seems to be the most reliable (for whatever reason...).

I FEEL your frustration -- I tried earlier today to hit a deal and it just would not work.
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got 30%....
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    Now this is bizarre -- I searched again and got 30% -- and verified it -- keep trying!
  • Options
    cladiator, i got it working from grumpyed`s links on the first page...20%

would not work otherwise
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    just signed out of live.com and signed back in and now have 30%

definitely seems buggy.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, works here but 20%. This will hurt the sellers that raised their prices 20-30% to take advantage of the discountimage .......................................Edit today. Now 30%image
  • Options
    i'm still showing 30% discount available. Guess I better buy before it drops!

- Nick Giambruno

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file