Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Dansco Album for German 1 marks and 1/2 marks

Anyone here used the blank Dasco albums to store their 1 and 1/2 German marks? If so what mm did you use?
Todd

Comments

• Hi Todd,
    Empire Germany 1/2 Marks are 20mm.
    1 Marks are 24mm.
    Hope this helps...
    Jim
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Yeah I was figuring on that but sometimes those album spots are too tight for them to fit in. Wanted to see if the 20 and 24mm had worked for anyone.
    Hrmm didn't have many opinions on this one so I thought I would bump it in case some of the German collectors missed it.... again looking for anyone that has used Dansco's for the 1 and 1/2 marks..
  • I collect the German one mark denomination by date. I recently began storing the Empire coins in Dansco 24mm pages. The Empire coinage fits very nicely (what one would expect from a regular Dansco album) in the 24mm holes.

The Weimar and Third Reich marks are a bit smaller and don't fit the 24mm holes well. I suspect they will be a better fit for 23mm pages.

The 24mm fit on Federal Republic marks is not quite as snug as the Empire coins, but is acceptable.

Hope this helps!

-Jason
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have put One Mark coins in Whitman bookshelf US Quarter Albums and 1/2 Mark coins in Whitman Nickel Bookshelf albums... seems to work... its not perfect but I thought it was okay at the time and about 6-8 years later, the coins are still there

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Thanks for the input guys!! That helps a ton.
    Todd
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have made it clear that I was just addressing German Empire coinage 1873-1918 only

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.