Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Best way to send PSA cards?

When shipping an item won on ebay, what do you think is the best size bubble envelope to use? Any other suggestions? Links to where these can be bought?

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 300 ct. boxes - too many problems with bubble mailers and cracked slabs. Worth the extra quarter IMHO.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    6x9 bubble mailer with the slab also wrapped double in bubble wrap.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's less than $100, I'd ship bubblewrapped in a padded envelope. Anything higher than that, I'd go the trouble of shipping in a box.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cuda440cuda440 Posts: 150 ✭✭
    if using padded envelope probably good idea also just for good measure to place slab between 2 pieces of cardboard trimmed to size. have both shipped and rec'd cards that way with good results(so far).

post edited for speling corecshun...lol
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>6x9 bubble mailer with the slab also wrapped double in bubble wrap. >>

This is my method, too--or I'll cut up a used bubble envelope to use for the inside layer. I have mailed thousands of cards this way, and to my knowledge, none have been damaged.

Boxes are fine, too, but I've received cards rattling around in boxes without any inside packing or not enough of it. If you use a box, secure the card inside, too.

I've been getting my envelopes from www.ShopFamilyFun.com. I'm sure there are other inexpensive sellers, as well.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    6x9 (10) bubble envelopes with the card wrapped in bubble wrap as well. Have never had a problem sending or receiving at least a thousand cards this way. I move to a box for more than 3 or 4 cards. PSA boxes work great for orders up to 24 cards per and 5 of those fit in a flat rate priority box for 9.30 online.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I always use 6x9 bubble mailer and I wrap the card in more bubble wrap as well. I never had a problem with this method when the card is shipped.

1952 Topps Collector.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    In a box and to my house.image
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    For graded cards I always use a long strip of cardboard cut to card width and wrap around several times.
    then place in a bubble mailer. Then tape shut and tape across the sealer edge so nobody can get into the mailer..then wrap around the whole assembly with a strip of tape to prevent the mailer riping. I purchased a box of mailers at a decent price on ebay. royalmailers.com

they sell good quality bubble mailers. If card is worth more than $100 a box is the only way to go...but I stuff used bubble mailers in to prevent any card movement and decrease compressability.

Overdone..maybe..but I sure like no problem shipping.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    I haven't shipped them, but I sure have received them. I bought a 62 Mantle from Bosox last month that was shipped in a box and you could have run it over with a truck and not hurt that card. It was truly appreciated and I would love to get them all that way (especially ones that are high dollar cards).

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I have it on good authority from someone at the P.O. that priority packages are handled much more carefully than parcel post. All of our mail here in Wyoming goes through Denver and parcel packages are dropped fifteen feet onto a sorting belt, whereas priority packages take a different route. So if you have a valuable parcel, paying a little more for priority not only improves delivery time, it also improves the package's handling. Just what I'm told...
  • Options
    6x9 is the size of the mailer I use.

As a shipper I always go out of my way to ensure delivery of the package in prime condition.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind spening my dime or dollars to make sure the cards arrive in the same condition they were shipped.

My preferred method of shipping is priority mail box with card packaged in a bubble mailer and wrapped in bubble wrap.

Even when the card is inexpensive I will ship in a 6x9 bubble mailer and in another bubble mailer after bubble wrapping or if more expensive place in a small box.

Marc.
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------