R

Comments

• Options
    Physical gold is already higher than the SP.image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    By 12-31.......

S&P # will be higher.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    This brings back memories of the Gold vs. Google threads when both were about $400.

Today: GOOG $339 Gold $849

Maybe stocks will win this one.

I remember those forum members that thought Google was the next big thing and would follow the path of other great growth companies such as Microsoft when it was a young company. Google did go up for a good while, with a current year high of $747.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Chart looking parabolic. SP500 setting up for nice rally? >>

If you think thats parabolic, you aint seen nothing yet.

I see the beginning of a major breakout, but I will have to confirm with my proprietary indicators.

Work done. Chart added. Indicators removed.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ouch!
    $803 vs $883
    Both talking a dump
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I think the market is way overstating the case for low inflation, or even deflation. Precious metals and TIPS have been brutalized recently as if the markets are expecting deflation.

But the way the Fed and other central banks are going to get out of this requires working overtime to run the printing presses, and I don't see how that can end up being deflationary.

I think once the fearmongering about the D-word has passed, people will again recognize inflation as a threat. And then and only then will PMs explode. Could be weeks, could be months, could be a couple years. But when the market has stopped fearing about a second global depression, they'll remember all those dollars and euros that were printed.

In addition, gold mining stocks are absurdly cheap right now. They've been cut in half even as gold is only 20% or so off its recent highs and down another 10% today.