Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU Board Member's Fantasy Basketball League Thread

Yahoo Fantasy Basketball

Live draft on Saturday Oct 25th, 10 AM CST.

league ID: 82901
Password: psa10

If you really want to play in a serious league, come play! All you fantasy football guys will need something to do when the season is over! What are you gonna do?? Talk to your wives?

Comments

• Options
    Does Michael Jordan still play for the Bulls?
  • Options
    I'd be willing to jump in!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm an avid fantasy football player but I'd be game to do NBA this year also.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    PM sent. I am in for fantasy basketball.
  • Options
    I will participate.

I recommend doing a Head to Head league. Roto leagues can result in a very fast loss of interest, expecially in Basketball.
  • Options
    I'm in if it's H2H
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Got room for one more?
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    why do you guys like H2H better?
  • Options
    i'll join. i like roto better, but will play whatever. let me know the specs. thanks
  • Options
    Ive always preferred roto simply because it rewards people who do their homework and make daily transactions. H2H has always seemed very halfa$$ to me.

If someone prefers H2H for a different reason that that, please let me know.
  • Options
    I created the league in Yahoo.

The live draft is Saturday Oct 25 at 10 AM CST. I made it Roto, since most of the PMs I got wanted roto (as did I).

league ID: 82901
    Password: psa10

if you really want to play in a serious league, come play!
  • Options
    we should all throw in a vintage basketball card or something !
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>we should all throw in a vintage basketball card or something ! >>

I'm all for making it a little more interesting.
  • Options
    If theres still a spot i'd love to join
  • Options
    We should do the payout just like the fantasy football league. We definitely need to have something at stake. I will wager my cat and my wife. I am sorry I cannot part with my dog.
  • Options
    thanks for setting this up... I'd be in for some sort of prize pool - we should make a rule it has to be all basketball!
  • Options
    Bump!!

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I signed up...prepare to lose
  • Options
    Nice! Welcome.

Welcome to a serious beat down!
  • Options
    bump!!

3 more spots! Sign up you cornholes!
  • Options
    We are doing payouts right? I will only give 100% effort if there is something at stake. We need to make this interesting or people will give up and quit halfway threw the year.
  • Options
    Personally, I've never given up halfway through a season even when there wasn't anything at stake. Nor have 95% of the team mgrs I've played against for the past 7 years.

but like I said before, I'm down for making it more interesting.

I guess maybe we could decide on a value ($5, $10, or $20) and everyone could put up a card of approximately that value. Any other ideas?
  • Options
    Draft is Saturday morning 10:00 AM Central.

So are we all going to all put up a card or what? Obviously, everyone needs to be in agreement for something like that to happen. All participants please reply in the thread.
  • Options
    Ya Sure, i wouldn't mind recieving cards for winning the league image
  • Options
    I am not joining, but wanted to wish you all good luck....and note to the thread starter that I have always like your forum name.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    "So are we all going to all put up a card or what? Obviously, everyone needs to be in agreement for something like that to happen. All participants please reply in the thread."

IF you guys do decide to do this, you might look at how we set it up payout on the Fantasy Football thread. We all learned last year that needs to be established before hand.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    This is how we should do the payout. I'm not sure howmany teams there are but lets say there are 12. This is the same way we are doing the Fantasy football payouts. Everyone should agree before the season starts so we don't have people bi$%hing and moaning at the end of the season when they have lost and need to pay up.

Each player can put up 1 $20 psa card.

The top 4 would not pay out,

so that would make 12 teams giving 12 cards, 12 cards, which could be split:

1st place = 6 cards,
    2nd place = 3 cards,
    3rd place - 2 cards and
    4th place 1 card.

• Options
    "The top 4 would not pay out,

so that would make 12 teams giving 12 cards, 12 cards, which could be split:"

Bad math.
  • Options
    I am not part of this fantasy league so I am only trying to be helpful.

IF you guys decide to give prizes, and IF you have 12 teams, I would suggest only the top 3 do not pay and only the top 3 get prizes. In the football league there are 16 teams, which makes payout to 4 teams a lot easier. Of course, it spreads the talent out a lot more as well.

What I would suggest is:

1st place = 5 cards
    2nd place = 3 cards
    3rd place - 1 card

12th, 11th, 10th, 9th & 8th pays 1st
    7th, 6th & 5th pays 2nd
    4th pays 3rd.

Whatever you guys decide, it should be agreed by all before draft.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    Right now there are 9 teams signed up. The fact that only one of you has responded since I bumped the thread several hours ago worries me a little.

Anyway, like Ive mentioned before, I'd be glad to put up a card, but EVERYONE has to be on board.

We have 2 days to work something out.
  • Options
    Meteoriteguy, why arent you playing?
  • Options
    I don't know squat about basketball, but if you guys don't fill up the league by Friday night, I'll get in. I'm on here daily so I'll check back.
  • Options

<< <i>Meteoriteguy, why arent you playing? >>

I only watch NCAA basketball and then only Missouri Valley Conference games.

Edit to add: I am also a WSU Men's Basketball season ticket holder....go Shockers!
  • Options
    I'm down for 1 $20 PSA card. Looking forward to the draft!
  • Options
    I think we have to have something at stake. It will get very boring if we don't have something to strive for other then braging rights. I know things are tight for allot of people but what is $20 over the course of a season.
  • Options
    Still waiting for a response from most of the league members regarding our prize participation.

3 spots still left.
  • Options
    I would throw in a card.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    im fine with putting up a card. thanks
  • Options
    So ie everyone ok with putting up a $20 card? Has anyone said no to it?
  • Options
    No one has said no to it, but not everyone has said yes.

So far these people have agreed....

Billwaltonsbeard
    Jswieton
    Leathtech
    Ahmanfan
    majordanby

Draft is tomorrow morning. Maybe we can get the rest of us on board during the draft. Hopefully they'll show up.

• Options
    It is pretty disapointing how many people flaked on the draft this mourning. I hope everyone who wasn't there still plans on manageing their team. The people who are still interested in playing for a $20 card can please just make a note that you agree to it. Then we can figure out how to split up the payouts.

I am in for sure for the $20 card.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    What is the deal with the payouts? Who is actualy playing in the league. If anyone is interested in doing a payout of a $20 card please PM me and we can have a side bet for the winner.
  • Options
    I missed the draft but do plan on keeping up with my $20 card to the pot.
  • Options
    I'll put up a 1986 Fleer PSA 9 common.
  • Options
    Here is a list of people who are deffinetly in for a prize. Please don't back out once you have agreed. Thanks.

1. Jswieton
    2. billwaltonsbeard
    3.leathtech
    4. KOBEcollector
    5.Ahmanfan
    6.MajorDanby

Right now it looks like the winner should be paid from teams 5 and 6. The second place team should get paid from team 4 and the third place team is a scratch. If more people come forward within the next few weeks we can adjust the payout.

Is this cool to everyone listed above? And if you lose and you don't pay you will be shunned from the site and beaten a slow and terrible death image Does this sound ok to everyone?

• Options
    i've only done fantasy basketball. I know players play on different days. Do you go in every day to put your players in the lineup who are playing? or like weekly? or what?

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Roto basketball leagues should be updated every day. You can set your lineup for days in advance, by clicking on a date and setting it for that particular day.

• Options
    about a quarter of the way through the season and pretty much everyone is still participating.

So are you guys gonna give me any competition or what?

• Options
    Coming down the stretch.

I want to thank MOST of you for participating the whole way through.

I gotta give extra props to Bobby too. I've never seen anyone do so well while making so few roster moves.