Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1933 Goudey Set Milestone Reached

I've finally reached an overall GPA of 6.00 on my1933 Goudey registry set. Now, a 6.00 GPA may not seem like a big deal, but it's good enough to rank me #8 - by a hair! I've still got another 32 PSA 5's I want to eventually upgrade to 6's or 7's, which ought to get me closer to my overall goal of at least 6.25. As it currently stands, the set (240 cards) has 72 PSA 7's, 136 6's, 32 5's, and one PSA 4(the LaJoie card). The set started the year with a GPA in the 5.40 range (I think).

Getting the Goudey set to at least 6.00 was one of my top two goals this year, the other being getting rid of anything below PSA 7 in my 1952 Topps Basic set (7.11 GPA, 100%, and ranked #7). As soon as I find a PSA 7 #2 Runnells card, then I'm done.

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Steve -- your set is beautiful
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    wow congrats those are two of the best sets you will ever see.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Steve - Very Impressive!
    Congrats on an awesome set.

Hope all is well, its been awhile...jay
  • Thanks folk. Jay, yes it has been a while. My sportscard collecting needs are very few, and are really only focused on upgrading my Goudey and 1952 Topps, sets, plus my two space sets. Also, beginning the process of earning a Ph.D. at the age of 50 is, shall we say a very challenging and outrageously time consuming task, and so far is turning out to be much harder than actually being an elected official! Hmmm.. maybe I ought to ditch the degree and run for my old seat again...NOT!! image
  • Cool! Congrats!
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    excellent!

if you ever upgrade Nap, I might be interested in yours. Mine's a 3.
  • Congrats!!! What an awesome accomplishment.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the pop report on the elusive Lajoie and discovered there are a total of 71 graded and break down like this:

8 PSA-9's
    1 PSA-8.5
    7 PSA-8's
    13 PSA-7's
    10 PSA-6's
    5 PSA-5's
    3 PSA-5(Q)
    5 PSA-4's
    3 PSA-3's
    1 PSA-3(Q)
    1 PSA-2.5
    8 PSA-2's
    4 PSA-1's
    2 PSA Authentic

Way to go bro, very impressive set!
  • Thanks Hacker. I don't have the current time to intervene, but I do appreciate your help!
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Steve!
    (BTW, the displays you sent were awesome, I'll call you soon)

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Steve,

Great job!! I've been watching your 33 set slowly climb in GPA. The 33 Goudey is a great set and even better if you can compliment it with the LaJoie.

I'm almost to the front page myself!!
    Looking for:
    1953 Topps in PSA 8
    1941 Playball in PSA 8.
    1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
    1950 Bowman in PSA 8
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Steve

Great!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve...

GREAT job on both sets...They look great...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)