Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pulled auction for 52 Mantle is back

This auction was on another thread last week and auction was pulled. Sellers only feedback is or selling a Wii console. Positive feedback was received a few minutes after end of auction.

52 Mantle SGC 30

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Time for some CU buyers to step up to the plate an dmake sure this guys gets a million for his card
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Maybe if we all start sending him the same "message or question", word for word, he'll get spooked out of
    selling it.

Something like ... "We know what you're doing .... and we know where you live!".

Well, maybe not that spooky ... but someone on the board can probably come up with something!

Any takers?

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Maybe I'm wrong, but seems he sold an item (Wii), shipped it and rec'd positive feedback from the seller six hours after the sale?

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Yes, he shilled that item as well probably.

A crook in many ways. Of course Ebay wont do anything about it
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I would bid 52 million except I just put up a bunch of cards myself so I don't want won of his shill accounts messing with mine

reported as stolen scan though
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I'm wrong, but seems he sold an item (Wii), shipped it and rec'd positive feedback from the seller six hours after the sale?

image >>

Thats exactly what happened and the winning bidder has only one feed back. Again I would not touch this with a 10 foot poll. He had another card he was selling as well. Wonder what happened with that sale?
  • Options
    I got this one zep.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay scammers remind me of red ants in the backyard - No matter how many times you step on 'em and kill 'em, the dam things keep coming back. image
  • Options
    If you want to add another one to the list, try this one. I have reported it twice. I contacted the owner of the real card and he sent me a reply saying he reported. Yet, it remains.

Just another 52 Mantle genius
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking 3! Congrads to the real owner.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    This dude is killing me. He listed it again.

Back again.
  • Options
    Nevermind, he pulled the auction.
  • Options
    Just another stolen photo from a legit auction. Please report if you get bored.

52 Mantle GAI
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I love his description: It has been passed down from my family and now I would like it to be yours!

I just reported this to EBAY! as well as emailed the seller to say a friendly hello!

• Options
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I just sent the seller a question that I was in the Baltimore area for the next few days and I wanted to see the card in person as I'm not familar with GAI's grading standards.

Will I get a response back?????

Brian
  • Options
    It has not gone poof yet but here is the response I got from the seller after I notified him:

<< <i>I appreciate you letting me know of the situation and your interest in the card. I have notified Ebay.

Thanks again,

Tony >>

• Options
    Does ebay paypal protection cover this amount, used to be 2k, if I read correctly now says unlimited? I live 20 minutes from Baltimore, let me know and I will go take a look.

Tim
  • Options
    At least with Paypal, chances are people won't lose their shirts if they use a credit card.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does ebay paypal protection cover this amount, used to be 2k, if I read correctly now says unlimited? I live 20 minutes from Baltimore, let me know and I will go take a look.

Tim >>

///////////////

PayPal would cover the number, but the chance of the "seller" allowing a visit/pickup is about ZERO.

Also, for folks who still don't know, there is NO PayPal "Seller Protection" on local pickups.

Sellers should NEVER accept PP on local pickups.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>At least with Paypal, chances are people won't lose their shirts if they use a credit card. >>

////////////////////////////////

Because PP has a 21-day hold on this account, if the SCAM went as planned,
    PP would NOT be the payment method.

The SCAMSTERS offer HUGE discounts for Checks/MoneyOrders, after the listing ends.
    If the buyer's greed gets the best of him, the SCAM works.
  • Options
    Appreciate the info. storm. Just offering to go look if they do respond.
  • Options

The "seller" has removed the picture.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    looks like someone spilled a can of Auction-Be-Gone on it
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I can also tell you the seller never answered my question either.

Brian
  • Options
    The latest one is now gone.
  • Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    What does anyone think about the SGC 20 that ends tomorrow? It has been listed 3 times in the last month. The seller claims nonpaying bidders each time.
  • Options

<< <i>What does anyone think about the SGC 20 that ends tomorrow? It has been listed 3 times in the last month. The seller claims nonpaying bidders each time. >>

I couldn't find an SGC 20 anywhere.

Are you referring to this one?

This is one of the nicest 2s I've ever seen. Must have one hell of a hidden crease somewhere to be a 2!

This card has been relisted once, but a zero feedback buyer was the high bidder @ $2650, which is a great price!

I wonder if he sent a 2nd Chance Offer? $2,600???

The seller looks okay to me.

I contacted the seller to ask a few questions about the card's visible flaws and why he would leave money on the table by not resubbing the card himself.

His reply to me was "no tears rips or pinholes but light creases toward top of card. the eye appeal on this card is beautiful and you cant find a better centered 52. need the money and dont have time to re submit. i dont want to put this card in the mail. thanks and good luck,dan."

PoppaJ

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ive saw this stupid thing about 30 ties now back and off , back and off, give it to me and ill rip it in half, problem solvedimage