Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Positive ebay buyer experience

I misshipped a coin to an ebay buyer. He bought an MS67 Arizona Quarter and I sent him a PR70DCAM Arizona Quarter instead. The proof was worth at least 3x the MS67. he sent me a note, I shipped him the correct coin with a return SASE and he returned the proof coin.

I think most buyers are honest but this guy proved it.

--Jerry

Comments

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... I guess, it goes to show that honesty is the best policy...
  • Options

<< <i>Wow... I guess, it goes to show that honesty is the best policy... >>

How so, the coin he got by accident was worth 3x more according to the op? Yes, I would have done the same thing, but I don't see how this situation proves your point.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow... I guess, it goes to show that honesty is the best policy... >>

How so, the coin he got by accident was worth 3x more according to the op? Yes, I would have done the same thing, but I don't see how this situation proves your point. >>

I think I see what you're getting at. One guy doesn't prove that most ebayers are honest. I meant that he proved that he is honest. The rest of the buyers, that's still just my opinion. Sorry I wasn't clear in my op. --jerry
  • Options
    Jerry; Although you have not misshipped to me yet, others have shipped a more valuable item to me by mistake on a rare occassion. I have always returned the item immediately.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I once had a seller send me two high graded dime instead of the one I order. I let him know as soon as I received the extra and offer payment to keep both. We agreed and all was right!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file