Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp with a happy ending

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently purchased a coin that I have been wanting for about two years. I think it is only the second coin I have purchased in the past year, not counting US Mint purchases. Anyway, I was expecting to get the coin yesterday but I didn't see it. The UPS guy came late, like 6PM to drop off my Andrew Jackson Direct ship coins and I remember he gave me a stack of priority mail flat rate envelopes that were sitting on our front pourch (nice guy, I didn't know the packages were there). My wife gets flat rate envelopes all the time for her work, like 2 or 3 every other day so I put them on the counter and forgot about them. I went out somewhere and come back to find an envelope on the counter and noticed it had my name on it. It was this coin

The person shipping the coin did not get a signature confirmation. I have no idea how long the package was sitting on my front pourch (and I live in a low income section of Southern Maryland, a homicide/suicide happened about 5 houses down last year and a bank about 4 miles from my house was robbed last week, you might have heard about the manager and kids that were kidnapped....). Anyway, I am glad that I got it, I like it! image

edited for spelling image

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file