Home Sports Talk
Options

Congrats to the Chicago White Sox

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
One hell of a game! image

Congrats to the Twins also on a good game and great season -- they seem to alway bouce back after losing stars to the teams on the coasts.

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I'am happy for Jim Thome and Griffey Jr. Big game for them both.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    absolutely fantastic game !!!!
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Hooray !!!

imageimage
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to see the Twinkies win. I guess you can blame the Royals for taking 2 of 3 to end the season.

I'm not a fan of the Sox but I am stoked Jr. gets to go back to the postseason. He's been my favorite player since I was about 10, so I'm happy for him to get another chance at a ring.
    Travis
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I'am happy for Jim Thome and Griffey Jr. Big game for them both. >>

I say the same thing. I've been big fans of Thome and Griffey Jr during their whole careers and really wish them both good luck during the playoffs.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    2 nice wins for them to get some mo going into the playoffs
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    although I don't particularly care for the White Sox it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the World Series. Seems like teams that end seasons the way they just did have a spark that keeps them going and going.....hate to see the Rays lose to them but it could happen, expecially since the Sox have been there before and the Rays are newbies to all this stuff.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    In 1948 and 1978 the team that won the playoff game to get into the play offs won the World Series. This is 2008, let's hope the pattern continues. image