Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The latest SignatureCuts

KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
Besides my on going work for Sean which he shares, here are the others that I've done in the last while that the board hasn't seen yet..

My first cut done from an actual baseball.. a major pain but it worked out..

This one took quite awhile... It felt like I was making my very first card again.

Thanks for looking,

- Garret

Comments

• Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    WOW image those are fantastic! GREAT work Garret
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    Great work Garret. My fav is the Snider/Mantle
  • Options
    Those are all amazing. I can't think of one thing you could improve.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    can i have one image
    those are great, i can do awsome knives and guns and garett does awsome cards, maybe we can teach each other our art lol-i wanna do cards, you wanna make custom knives and guns knuckles -ill teach ya image

p.s. terry sawchuck is scary looking image
  • Options
    Those are WAAAAYYYY better than what UD, Topps, etc., puts out. They should hire you to do all of the 1/1's. Have you shown any of the major companies any of your work?
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Cyclone and the Mantle Snider image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    how many you done for sean now?those are an amazing set!!!!!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Have MLB trademarks ever been an issue?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Awesome work, Knucks, as usual. Keep it up.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Yeah Sawchuk did look pretty frightening with or without the mask.. picture him with one of your guns! image Getting close to a hundred cards for Sean's collection of hockey hall of famers.

Have MLB trademarks ever been an issue? Nope, I think maybe because they're all one of a kind 'works of art'.. so I frame my autographs within a 2.5x3.5 frame compared to a frame with a phtograph.. eh.. image I know some guys on the Beckett boards started doing their own 'cards' and they got letters to stop.

- Garret
  • Options
    Is Herbie Lewis the father or grandfather of Pee Wee Herman?
  • Options
    LOL..

Bill Durnon looks like the Ex-Lax is kicking in.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Wonderful work, Garret - especially the Snider/Mantle. Thanks for sharing your latest projects!
  • Options
    Incredible stuff, I never get tired of seeing your new masterpieces. JUST AWESOME!!!
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    you've really gone the extra mile on these cards. if i ever need a cut signature, i'll call on you.
  • Options
    Outstanding, always great to see your work. image

I wanted to ask you if you've ever seen, or come across a Vezna auto?

I've been searching for his stuff for years and haven't ever seen one.
  • Options
    The one with the baseball is awsome! I like the style of the Ruth one too. You do great work on these!
    Tonya
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Those are awesome cards. My favorite has got to be the Mantle / Snider card and the Gehrig. image
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing. Those must take an extreme amount of patience to create.
  • Options
    Thanks very much everyone, the Ruth was aggravating. I couldn't cut it as I normally would by following the shape of the autograph as it just didn't look good at all. Cutting the arch by hand let around cutting alone his pinky finger was difficult (not sure what I was thinking when designing it) but it turned out.

<< <i>I wanted to ask you if you've ever seen, or come across a Vezna auto? >>

I never have, to my knowledge he was illiterate for the majority of his life and only started being able to read/write before tuberculosis got him. If one ever does pop up I'm not sure how a person would be able to tell if it's really his autograph or not unless signed on some sort of official document.

- Garret

edited to fix a spelling error.
  • Options
    very cool - I really like the Mantle and the Ruth cards... for some reason I really don't like the jagged edge cuts around the signatures on the other cards (just my opinion)
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    dynamic.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I just wanted to say thanks to Garret for all the hard work he has done on my football collection. I've shown these to a few people, but here are all the great cards Garret has made for me.

Link
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    Thanks Reese, and you're very welcome. It's great to see them slabbed up and on the registry. image

- Garret
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Reese, and you're very welcome. It's great to see them slabbed up and on the registry. image

- Garret >>

/////////////////////////////

It's amazing stuff.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2018 12:15PM
    Update...

The Ted Williams autograph is signed on a golden metal plate.. a first for me.

- Garret
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    That Ted is stunning, Garret. They all are, really. Great work as always - thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    There's of course a ton for Sean's incredible collection as well which he posts but I've got to post one of the notation cards again.

The notation is on that back the index card that the autograph is on within the card. I was able to keep it whole within the card to not only display the autograph but the significant notation on the back as well.

March 19, 1919 was the date of game one of the 1919 Stanley Cup Finals between the Montreal Canadiens and the Seattle Metropolitans. Seattle crushed Montreal in this game 7-0. The series was interrupted and eventually canceled due to an outbreak of Spanish influenza. Almost all of the players contracted the flu during the series and a number required hospitalization. As a result, no official winner was declared in 1919... the first and only time until the lockout happened. Everyone recovered except for Joe Hall who contracted pneumonia as a result of the flu and died in a Seattle hospital on April 5, 1919.

Here's a front/back photo of the Malone.

- Garret
  • Options
    The Ruth looks great in a slab - Once again spectacular work!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Garret,

They are AMAZING works of art. You are very talented to be able to make such great cards. Thanks for getting back to me regarding making some of these cards for me ... if I get the autos together I will be contacting you.

Stay Healthy!

Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    You're good.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    The Mantle and Williams are my favorite. Very nice!
    Tonya
  • Options
    Garret, thanks for all the great work on the ones you just finished! I cannot wait to get them back from PSA/DNA. Can't wait to start the next set of cards as well. Once they get back from PSA, I will probably post the other two notation cards completed with this shipment.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Outstanding as usual.

• Options
    As always, very nice work, knuckles.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. image

- Garret
  • Options
    That is great stuff, What a gift that is to be able to create those beauties!

• Options
    Those are so much better than what the major card companies produce, there is no comparison.
  • Options
    The Dryden and Harvey are in my collection and actually look better up close than in the scans. Superior to anything the card companies have ever produced. Still working on your Plantes by the way image
  • Options
    Appreciate the words, it makes it all the more rewarding.

<< <i>The Dryden and Harvey are in my collection and actually look better up close than in the scans. Superior to anything the card companies have ever produced. Still working on your Plantes by the way >>

Nice to see you on here Brent, I'm really looking forward to the Plante McFarlane customs, I have a new display case all ready to go for them. image

Edit: just noticed your Italian flag avatar.. where the heck can I get good Italian food here in Kamloops? I've yet to find a good place and it's one of the things I miss most from moving away from Edmonton.

- Garret
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are, without a doubt, pieces of art Knuckles. Nothing else to say. image
  • Options
    The thing I love is that you can actually see and read the entire auto. Unlike the card company's who make a cookie cutter card, and cram whatever size piece of paper they have into that area. Hey who cares if part of the first or last name gets cut off.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    They are amazing, I love the Mantle and Snider. The Ruth is awesome!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Bump for all to see
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    terry sawchuck-inspiration for the friday the 13th movies-hes got a sinister lookin mask!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Your work is outstanding. image
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice result on the Ruth autograph in Mastro's latest auction:

Auction

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks image

<< <i>Are all your windows hand cut? >>

Yes, they're all hand cut.

<< <i>terry sawchuck-inspiration for the friday the 13th movies-hes got a sinister lookin mask!!!!!!!! >>

No dount Rube, a huge part of Sawchuk's mystique. I actually have a replica of his mask on one of the walls here. image

<< <i>Nice result on the Ruth autograph in Mastro's latest auction: >>

Thanks Steve, that Ruth couldn't have turned out better. If anyone is interested I happen to have the Mickey Mantle baseball signature cut ending today on eBay.

- Garret
  • Options
    UPDATE...

Thanks for looking.

- Garret