Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1804 Spanish 8-Real Piece

Hello All,

Wondering if anyone had advice as to where I might find either a genuine, or authentic replica 1804 Spanish 8-Real piece. I'm looking to acquire 1 / several in a very short timespan--over the next 48 hours. This is for use as a prop in a television documentary shoot. If replica, then I would be interested in purchasing, if genuine, then I'm looking for a several day loaner.

My location is Washington DC, and I'll be grateful for any thoughts the experts on this esteemed board may have.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Wish I could help, but you may want to check with a local coin shop. That may be a stiff order for such a small time frame. Can you use someone's still images or do you need it as a prop? -Dan
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Enable your pm function.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a nice one,

1804 MO TH

PCGS 53

But don't know you.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a nice one,

1804 MO TH

PCGS 53

But don't know you. >>

So....

That would fit nicely in my collection image Thinking about letting it go yet?
  • Options

<< <i>I have a nice one,

1804 MO TH

PCGS 53

But don't know you. >>

I'm sorry, And i'm not trying to flame you, But i wouldn't loan one to the President, Especially to someone with 1 post in a tightly knit group of Darksider's, While "Darksider's are the best, I don't think anyone here would loan out such a coin without knowing you, unless you plan to put up a large cash deposit............Especially on such a short notice, We are good people, and trusting to a certain extent, But , We know everyone here . JMHO, ozzysdad47image
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting - this is the first weakly-struck portrait that I saw PCGS encapsulate higher than a 45. Nice patina on that one image