Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: 1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson - PSA 7 NM

Well, it did not sell. If anybody is interested I can sell it for what I paid 6 months ago which was $2000. This is hard for me to let go of. The best card I have ever had by a long shot. But I need the money am am forced to sell.

-Jason

Here is a large scan, not the best scan but it shows you the card. White specs are not on the card.
Scan

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful card, but I would never take paypal on something that expensive. It would suck to have someone steal it from you with a CC chargeback.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip, I just changed the listing to no longer accept PP.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I am the exact opposite....I would never pay that much for someone who DID NOT take PayPal!!! Too many scam artists out there.....too much money without some type of protection for the buyer....
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    PS...plus, VERY soon, Ebay will no longer allow you to NOT to PayPal...don't know the exact date, but checks and money orders are a thing of the past.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I would want to paypal on a card like that. Sweet card!
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Jason,

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new baby! image

Bob
  • Options

<< <i>Jason,

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new baby! image

Bob >>

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    This is just a suggestion but I would put PayPal back on this. It seems that the Microsoft/PayPal 30% back offer is good again and you could get a very good price on that from someone looking to capitalize on the offer. Plus I'm w/ the people that don't like to purchase from someone that doesn't take PayPal.

Chris

Edited to add that I'm an idiot and it's only for BIN. image
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Would not touch this without Paypal.

In fact , I predict it wont get a sniff without it.

Most of the issues with Paypal are from modern sellers getting stiffed on $20 auctions.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    I added PayPal back onit. Or normally only accept PP, but people n here kind of scared me with tales of chargebacks and buyer scams etc. But i agree, i would never buy something this big without using PP, so I put back as an option. Thanks for everyones comments.
  • Options
    ONE DAY LEFT! No bids but plenty of watchers!
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    if no one bids on this i would trade my entire collection for it...plenty to sell on the bay. all my graded cards are in my sigline. i also have some non graded stuff.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Im watching it, Its about 350-400 dollars more than I am willing to spend. Great Card. Ide be interested if youde sell it my price range.
  • Options
    Paypal is a hard call.

As a buyer, I wouldn't even consider the item unless you accepted paypal.

As a seller (which I am a powerseller), I would never offer a high dollar ($1000+) item with paypal. It's just too easy for someone to steal your stuff. Paypal offers a little protection, but if they chose to file a CC chargeback instead of a PP chargeback, your money and your card are just gone. Your only recourse is to take them to court. I realize this decision would definately hurt my chances of selling the item on eBay, but I wouldn't be willing to take the risk.

This is just my opinion. I am in no way, shape, or form telling you what you should do. I'm just sharing my thoughts on such.

Anyway, that's a great a card. I can't afford it, but I would be proud to have it in my collection.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    My suggestion, A BETTER SCAN!

Photobucket accounts are free, a card like that should have a scan this large:

Other than that I would say Paypal is a must. Follow the rules with signature confirmation etc. and you'll be fine. Most people buying cards such as this are pretty trustworthy. You can see problems coming by checking older feedback on ebay.
  • Options
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    That should be in your auction! Not that little ebay pic.

• Options
    Well, it did not sell. If anybody is interested I can sell it for what I paid 6 months ago which was $2000. This is hard for me to let go of. The best card I have ever had by a long shot. But I need the money am am forced to sell.

-Jason

Here is a large scan, not the best scan but it shows you the card. White specs are not on the card.
    Scan
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice card, anyone have a link to the auction?

Jason try and auction it again, many times things sell the second time around.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Jason

I assume it was this auction?

If so, I think you started it too high.

If it was me I'd start it at .99 and have a BIN for the 2k plus.

I am sure you would get plenty of action, the card is sweet so I do not think you would
    take a beating on it.

Good luck.

Steve

Good for you.