Home U.S. Coin Forum

New York collectors--a BIG dealer is jetting to New York City this week, to meet with you and discus

I was just informed of some breaking news, which has placed me on the verge of a numismatic frenzy. It seems that a BIG West Coast dealer is jetting into NYC this week, and is allowing personal audiences with collectors to discuss Important™ coins. NYC sees world leaders, Presidents, and even the Pope make regular visits, but those are ho-hum compared to this glorious event. The announcement is below, in case anyone wants to make an appointment and discuss all things numismatic.

As luck would have it, your very own Longacre has a meeting in the City on October 2nd, and may have to attend a meeting on October 3rd. Now I have the choice to spend two days surrounded by 1,500 international tax lawyers at a meeting to discuss the latest trends in worldwide taxation, or I can spend hours upon hours with this coin dealer, discussing the state of the numismatic markets. I wonder what I will choose.

Here is the text of the announcement:

ANNOUNCEMENT Contact Doug Winter or
call 214.675.9897

NEW YORK CITY VISIT

If you are a collector who lives in the New York metropolitan area, you might be interested to know that I am coming to New York City on October 2nd and will be available to meet with you in Manhattan on Friday October 3rd or Saturday October 4th.

Do you have coins that you want to sell? Let's meet at your office or my temporary office on the Upper East Side. Are there coins in my inventory that you'd like to see in person? Let me know and I can bring them. Perhaps you'd just like to have a quick face-to-face meeting to discuss the market or to get my input on your collecting strategy. Let's meet for coffee at a location that works for you.

My schedule is starting to fill up quickly as I have lots of business contacts on the East Coast but do not get there as much as I should. If you'd like to get together this week, please contact me as soon as you can by phone (214-675-9897) or via email (dwn@ont.com).

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that we can get together for some numismatic dealings in New York on October 3 or October 4.

Douglas Winter - PO Box 4383 - Portland OR 97208 - 214.675.9897

Visit us at www.raregoldcoins.com

Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYC sees world leaders, Presidents, and even the Pope make regular visits, but those are ho-hum compared to this glorious event.

It's true. After all, who gets himself into a frothy frenzy over the Pope?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

• << <i> NYC sees world leaders, Presidents, and even the Pope make regular visits, but those are ho-hum compared to this glorious event.

It's true. After all, who gets himself into a frothy frenzy over the Pope? >>

Pope groupies?
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is HUGE! Is the IDOL worshipper going to be in the room?

Ken
  • IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    Numismatic carpetbagging! image
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Since when has Dallas been considered "west coast"? Your city has to be in a state that touches the Pacific Ocean to be considered "west coast".

Okay, the jetsetter is now in Portland but he still has a Dallas based telephone number. Go with "the 503" (or even 541) and then he's "west coast".
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since when has Dallas been considered "west coast"? Your city has to be in a state that touches the Pacific Ocean to be considered "west coast". >>

Hmmm.....Portland,Oregon equals West Coast and Oregon is the very best of the west coast.

Ken
  • jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this will hurt Longacre's chances of being put on QDB's christmas card list? When you worship more than one god you risk ticking one or more of them off.....
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Lonnigan are you going to meet him?
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big dealer like that probably wouldn't give me the time of day if I made him a free corned beef sandwich on rye, with fancy imported mustard and all the trimmings.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Maybe he'll give you a fair offer for that New Orleans gold others scoffed at.
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is onekram on the list?

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After today's post office fiasco, I might as well relocate to New York and schedule an appointment. image
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually that's an interesting playbook,

Well known dealers going into cities placing buy and sell adds with personal service.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Make sure its not this guys your meeting...image

• Somehow, I think that if you want to worship for "hours and hours", you'll have to show your appreciation in a pretty major way - perhaps by buying that 1806 half eagle in MS-63 that he's got on his website!

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I was at 5 Times Square today, but had to catch the 2:07 train with the hoi polloi back to the Connecticut 'burbs, after some very deep discussions about reducing Indian tax using a Mauritius holding company or a Singapore company. Unfortunately, I did not have time to pay homage to Mr. Winter. Did any collectors here meet up with him?
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to meet with him but the line was too long. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file