Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I retired and sold my Roosies.

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
Back in Februaray, I was considering selling off my entire 1965-Date Clad Roosevelt Dime set. After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to keep it. Well recently, I was sent a PM from a collector wanting to buy my entire set and build up on it. This collector found it easier to buy a set and up-grade as he goes along, which make a ton of sense since I had a crap load of low pop FB dimes. Anyway, I have felt that My collecting needs to take a different turn so I agreed to release my set.

I just wanted to thank everyone who had a hand in completing my set. I added descriptions to all of my dimes, and mentioned names and dates so everyone can see who, what, where, when, and how my set came to be. It was alot of fun over the years.

The new owner wishes to remain anonymous, and will eventually either post here, and/or relist the set someday. I find him to be a very special collector, and admire how he assembled other sets.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul:

What can I say? You giving up your dimes seems impossible. The bright news is that you are not planning on going anywhere, that is, you will stick around here.

Whoever purchased your set has a TREMENDOUS start. I wish that person the best of luck.
    Mark

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!

You could knock me over with a feather.

I know you've been a little frustrated recently and certainly understand. I hope
    you never come to regret this and wish the buyer the best of luck with it. I'm sure
    he'll be pleased with it.

Are you going to provide any clues how you fared financially?
    Tempus fugit.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you going to provide any clues how you fared financially? >>

Lets just say I was offered a healthy sum. image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Let the dime-guy rumor mill begin......................image
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Dan
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>Let the dime-guy rumor mill begin......................image >>

Ok, so kinda like 20 questions, right? If so, I'll begin and we can narrow it down as we go.

1) Does he have a good eye for quality?
  • Hey Paul,

That was an interesting set you had there. I like how you documented the history of each coin, it's a fun read to see how your set got to where it was. Contrats on your sale.

Brad.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, That was one fantastic set you built. I'm glad to hear that the set will be left
    intact. Sorry to see you leave the Roosevelt's. First JHF, then Dan and now You. Looks
    like a changing of the guard. I'm sure the new owner will be very proud to continue
    the work you started. Congratulations on building a top notch set and the successful
    sale of your set.
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There dropping left and right

Who's next?
  • MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Paul -

Will you be joining the MPL club? If so, let me be the first to welcome you!

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd entertain offers...............image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! What a harsh day....

broke a finger, ripped tendons in my thumb, wait in urgent care for a long time, and now another dime staple of a guy is out of the business image
    2 in a week....just wow!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

OK guys we don't want to post to much/to often on the Set Registry page.
    Duane seems to have a lot to say these days. You can tell by how often he's spamming threads. We need to show some consideration, he needs to see his name in print at or near the top of the page very often.image
    Dan

• << <i>OK guys we don't want to post to much/to often on the Set Registry page.
    Duane seems to have a lot to say these days. You can tell by how often he's spamming threads. We need to show some consideration, he needs to see his name in print at or near the top of the page very often.image >>

LOL. Your right about that, but in fairness his posts are interesting and well thought out. Beats the heck out of the new people that come come here and post a ton of silly stuff (like me when I have too many beers). Unfortunately, I am not a "cent" guy; so I skip over several of the threads.

Oh by the way, congradulations on the sale. I am sure the new owner will have a lot of fun upgrading the set that already had a great start.

<< <i>Paul -

Will you be joining the MPL club? If so, let me be the first to welcome you!

Mark >>

As much as I would like to yes....Absolutely not! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " I retired and sold my roosies"

I'm still working, sort of, and have kept my roosies.

Hey those two sets you still have going are a challenge. Good luck with them.

Ken

<< <i>LOL. Your right about that, but in fairness his posts are interesting and well thought out. >>

True and it was meant as a good natured ribbing. image
    Dan
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Stone wrote: Does he have a good eye? Short answer is: Absolutely. Perhaps the best. image
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
    Its been almost a week, and I'm starting to get the shakes! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its been almost a week, and I'm starting to get the shakes! image
    >>

Do like me.

Put a cherry set together from mint sets. It'll keep you busy a long time, stave off the DT's,
    and will be a ton o' fun.

You could make some money on it too but whether you do or not it won't cost much.
    Tempus fugit.
  • I'll miss your fun and intelligent posts.

You have interesting things to say and a nice way of saying 'em.

Warm regards,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
    JHF,

I just sold my set, I haven't left for the old folks home or anything like that. I will continue to post with my once in a while intelligent thought. Thanks for chiming in.

How do you feel now yourself that Wondercoin is dismantling your clad set?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
    Paul is it true you will be spending all your time on the stamps forum? image
    Dan