Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

And another clashed die Ike, 1976-D this time...

sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
I found a 1976-D Ike with the front and back abraded but the mint worker did not get all of the reverse fixed.

The front shows reworking/abrading and I did not notice any image left on the obverse. The back however shows the remnants of the "E" from the IGWT motto and the brow, nose and upper lip are still faintly visible through the abrading (class C).

Still a fun find!

V/R

Sumdunce

Comments

• Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Man! You're on a roll! image
    CONGRATS!

Brian

I Love image Error & Variety Ikes! image
  • Options
    Yo, sumdunce, this is your 3rd thread and still no pics; I'd love to see some of these great finds , are you still on the road?
    John G Bradley II
  • Options
    Just got back today and finally got some time to sort out the coins and get the images.

I will have em up later today.

S
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel much better now just knowing that you're not out there grabbing up all the goodies!

That is sum roll you're on!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I wont mention then that I got the green light to pick up another stack of 1971-S BS Ikes on the way out of Ohio. In fact the wife was adamant that I stop since I have such trouble finding them around home.

I am going to double check the ones I had from before and then will check the new ones... with a little luck... image

S
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man, you certainly are on fire!
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file