Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1976-S Silver Business Strike Ike clashed die question... (grade posted)

sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
How rare is an unabraded clash die pair on the business silver '76?

Today I found another clashed die (two actually but that is for another post) this time in a business strike silver variety.

I found one with moon and bell remnants in the IGWT motto, the frame of the bell holder is in the field between the lip running almost down to the chin, a small line protruding from the brow and just a hint of the moon behind the head on the obverse. The reverse has a pronounced forebrow, nose and upper lip to the left of the bell, a partial "E"(from the IGWT motto) between top of bell and moon, a back of neck line at about the 4 O'clock position coming off the moon and a faint line running by the "S" in the EPU motto leading its way down through "DOLLAR" and heading back toward the bell before fading away.

V/R

Sumdunce

Comments

• Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    I have (3) 76-S MS Ikes with major rotation (over 90 degrees) and (1) with a minor rotation
    of 65 degrees.....but, I have never run into a clashed 76-S Silver Ike.

Brian

I Love image Variety & Error Ikes! image
  • Options
    This is another one that I'd love to see a pic(scan) of, I've not seen one either.
    John G Bradley II
  • Options
    These things are hard to scan. I have tried to do what I can but the two 1976-D are just too faint to get on a scanner.

Please note that there are more details to this coin. However I am hamstringed by what the scanner will pick up.

Here are the images of the business strike silver and I will get the 1976 in a bit if I can and post them.

Obverse:
    The spot on the head bothers me. I hope acetone kills it.

Reverse:

Mouth:

IGWT motto:

Bell top:

Bell left:

EPU motto1:

EPU motto2:

Dollar:

S

• Options
    Wow, that IS a beauty and the 1st that I've seen; thanks for the great scans.
    John G Bradley II
  • Options
    Ooops... forgot to post the grade...

ANACS MS65 'E' Clash.

Will soon be DIVAed.

V/R

Sumdunce

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights