Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Digital Camcorder for "Digital Microscope" use?

Hello All,

I spend most of my time on the PSA side of things but have been "bitten" by the coin bug as of late. Any help would be appreciated with this question.

I have searched the forum and found great information on dino-lite products which has made it tempting to go in that direction. However, I am in the market for a digital camcorder for family events and such. I am hoping to "marry" the two concepts and am hopeful that such a combination exists and it in use by some members here. Any thoughts / experiences / models?

I was also looking at some digital microscopes but did not find any hits doing a search in this forum. The photo / record is actually not essential for me but the larger display (like with the usb / monitor option or just a larger digital screen) that is beyond what you can get from a loupe would be key.

My purpose is to review a large number of coins for varieties.

Thank you!

Harry

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure that more experienced collectors would know of a working solution to this problem. I know that there are scopes with built in cameras that can be hooked up to a computer for viewing, but not any removable camcorders.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options
    Thank you micmt!

I figured I would give it a thought. The dino-lite models are really cool and it may be my best solution to go "specialized" on both sides verses a hybrid solution. It was worth a shot. I'm heading to Best Buy on Saturday to look at the Camcorders they have and there is a Coin Show on Sunday so potentially I be set before the weekend is done. I haven't been to a coin show since probably the mid to late '80s so I have no idea what to expect. Should be fun.

Harry
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies and certainly all the other useful information in the forum. After countless hours of going back and forth and researching - I just ordered a AM411T with the MS21 stand. 2-5 days until the fun really begins!

Harry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file