Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The wait is almost over...all graded: With 1 day to spare, my registered package is off to CA

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
I put in 3 submissions, into 1 box to save on shipping there, though I wouldn't have sent 2 of the submissions with registered, so I don't know if I saved or not since it made it add up in the weight department....

1 submission for the CC Special this quarter
1 submission for 8 crossovers (using the voucher for free gradings)
1 submission for some toned SAEs

Only 1 required the $5 per submission for handling since the other 2 were free....at least, that's how I read it.

So, now for the waiting game...

Wait for the registered package to get to CA/PCGS
Wait for the submissions to be entered into the system
Wait for the CC Special to get graded
Wait for the CC Special to get returned
Wait for the 8 voucher order to get graded
Wait for the 8 voucher order to get returned
Wait for the SAEs (modern) to get graded
Wait for the SAEs (modern) to get returned

Likely in that order but the moderns may be first.

The waiting game starts....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you do well. Seems from reports here that PCGS is pretty efficient these days with turnaround time.
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    I too have a couple of coins over being graded... the suspense is driving me crazy (OK, so its just a short putt).

S
  • Options

<< <i>I hope you do well. Seems from reports here that PCGS is pretty efficient these days with turnaround time. >>

Thanks BD. I can handle the waiting (I'll still check a lot image ) it is just the return shipping that kills.
    It really is too bad they don't have a "pay $5 extra and all packages will ship back together" checkbox.

Might be a way for them to make some more $$$

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the weight of your 3 submissions would have cost more than $8.95 postage, exclusive of the Registered fees, then the way to go would have been in a Large Flat Rate Priority Box. I'm figuring that shipping from Washington to California would fall under the Zone 2 rate for 1st class parcels.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Nah. That was the cost (priority) then the registered fees.
    ~$30 for all 3 in 1 box.

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only consideration of savings would be a comparison of the $8.95 Flat Rate versus the 1st class parcel rate for the Zone that the Newport Beach Zip Code would be in from your Zip Code. The registered fee would be the same wether using Priority Flat Rate or 1st class parcel. The more weight you send(up to 70 lbs.), the more you save by using a Priority Flat Rate box. I've shipped Registered Flat Rate boxes weighing just under 70 lbs. from N.Y. to CA., and the cost savings was over $100. Some clerks love to remind me of that fact. I just laugh and tell them I don't make the rules!

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Wow!
    Shipped out registered on 9/29.
    Just looked it up:

Your item was delivered at 8:10 AM on October 2, 2008 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658.

That was using registered. I have a check out to Oreville for his auction that I sent out last Monday (10 days ago) and it doesn't appear to have gotten there yet image
    Maybe I should have sent that registered as well image

• Options
    Date received 10/3/2008

Now, the waiting really starts.......
    (still, considering they were sent registered, I am impressed they are in the system the same week they were sent (Mon-Fri)

• Options
    The threadline made me think you were taking advantage of TT's $300 offer.

Garrow
  • Options

<< <i>The threadline made me think you were taking advantage of TT's $300 offer.

Garrow >>

Sorry, but no. I just don't sell much and submit even less, so when I do something like this, after hearing all the problems that people go through (timewise, etc), I just figured I would track it a bit.
    None of the coins, in the submission, are currently for sale. 8 of them are crossovers for our collection, 1 is the quarterly freebie for my son (Randall hoard cracked die 1818 cent), and the others are SAEs I am contemplating keeping/selling no matter how they grade or not.

• Options
    Ok, I feel an update is in order:

Grades received for the 8 crossovers (3 did cross) on 10/17/08. Shipped on 10/20/08. Almost done waiting.
    Grade received for the CC Quarterly special (AU58BN on a Randall Hoard 1818 LC) today (10/20/08). Now I will wait for it to ship and get home.
    Hmmm...just changed to "shipped 10/20/08".

Well, 2 of them shipped same day...I COULD have saved a bit of money if they would have combined shipping image

Now, waiting on what I thought would be done first...the moderns....the 7 SAEs.

• Options
    Ok, waiting is almost over....
    Coins are all graded and last batch will be shipped home anytime now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file