Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is there a reward...

...for using free shipping on ebay? Or do you just get the opportunity to pay FVF on the shipping charges built into the price?

I've heard that ebay offers double FVF Powerseller discounts if you offer free shipping on an item but don't see that anywhere. --Jerry

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question.

In the past, I used free shipping as an added incentive to draw more bidders. There's something psychological that makes free shipping more appealing when you're a potential bidder. Even if the savings are small. Maybe it's just easier to "pay what you bid" without having to factor the shipping cost into your mental calculations.

I never thought about the point you just brought up- that you're paying added FVFs by adding the shipping into the price. It's probably worth the added attention you get, though.

If I sold more Liteside coins on eBay, I would probably offer it more often, but since I sell mostly Darkside there, and Darkside coins have a way of going back to the countries they originated in, free shipping would rapidly erode my bottom line.

I dunno about the Powerseller angle, not being a Powerseller.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    phehpheh Posts: 1,588
    Yes...

But just from October to December.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file